The 2014 FJR1300 - Woo-hoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short of hitting the Powerball this week my chances of buying a new bike are pretty slim. That being said, I'm glad for the red paint scheme. My first ride on the FJR was at an event that had the Yamaha demo fleet in attendance. When they asked me what would keep me from buying one I told them " It's black!" Don't take this the wrong way, I like black bikes and cars. I'm just too fussy about trying to keep it clean and I know that I can't own a black vehicle for that reason. I am interested in riding one with the electronic suspension just to see how it feels.

Black = Dust it hourly, wash it daily, wax it weekly .... and it'll always still look dirty. But when they're clean, they look great.

36 MPG? I'm getting 48-52 in normal sporty touring mode on my '09. Lowest I've ever seen is 42 when I was having way too much fun in the Oregon Cascades.

First the ST1300 board and now the C14 folks.

Seems like Cinderella's step-sisters are a bit jealous?

"Don't cry, girls. You're pretty too."

Last edited by a moderator:
They must have been listening to my conversations since the 2013 came out.

I'll finally be pulling-the-pin on the 2014 to replace my beloved 03' I've had and treated me on so well since July 02'

I'll be getting the ES, just because.
smile.png

Just watched the Yamaha video .When highlighting the suspension, it mentioned KYB as the manufacturer.

Black = Dust it hourly, wash it daily, wax it weekly .... and it'll always still look dirty. But when they're clean, they look great.

I own a car wash, and let me tell you, I'll never buy a black car ever in my life, they look spectacular, but that takes alot a work.

I do however thank each and every customer I have coming regularly once or twice weekly for buying a black car :)

LOL, black is easy to maintain... as long as you can stand not washing it! Mine gets a washing about once a month if it doesn't get left it out in the rain while at work...

Easy peasy.
coolsmiley02.gif

LOL, black is easy to maintain... as long as you can stand not washing it! Mine gets a washing about once a month if it doesn't get left it out in the rain while at work...
giddyup. I have a black car, but that doesn't mean it gets washed often. It does look good when it's clean, though.

I ride solo 100% of the time. Plan to buy the 2014 FJR. Any reason to get the ES version? Hate to buy one without it, then find out that the ES has some value for a 1 up rider.

Yep, that's why mine gets washed once, sometimes twice, a year whether it needs it or not! Wax? what's that.

Rode hard, put away wet, that's why I got a FJR in the first place.

I only have 81K miles on it so far, I've got to learn to quit babying this thing............

On the 2014s, or any Gen 3 for that matter, I'll wait until mine is well thrashed, then buy one from someone that has garaged and otherwise taken extra care with it, then take it out and ride the kee-rap out of it!

Besides, I keep hearing how unreliable Gen 2s are; I know it's coming any day now LOL

I ride solo 100% of the time. Plan to buy the 2014 FJR. Any reason to get the ES version? Hate to buy one without it, then find out that the ES has some value for a 1 up rider.
If your current FJR has the stock suspension and you're good with it (and you're not a heavyweight), chances are you're good with the '13 or '14 non-ES. If you have an upgraded suspension, consider taking your rear shock to the new non-ES bike if you like. Also read up or ask those with '13's if their stock suspension is adequate for their weight.... (I haven't got around to that yet myself).

I'm more of a function over form person, liking a color is nice but not a fundamental requirement. I like black a lot -- on someone else's bike so I can admire a pretty, shiny clean machine. I'm kinda sitting back and waiting to see if the new electronic suspension really delivers. There were few things I liked during the time I spent touring on a BMW K1300GT but I did like the electronic suspension a lot (and the HIDs were awesome). If the new electronic suspension can provide performance like an aftermarket system it is likely there will be a Gen III coming to my driveway soon. Time to start pricing out a farkle list...

Latest posts