The absolute cure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, I'm kinda mad that my '05 FJR didn't come with all the 'features':

o It doesn't roast my nuts off.

o The throttle springs haven't given me Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

o No whistling, ticking, or grinding

o No jerking or cupping.

o The sidestand remains in the down position when I leave the bike.

o My legs reach from the seat to the surface of the earth.

o It stops when I pull the right hand lever and press the foot pedal.

o No notches in my transmission.

Thank you

I'm starting to think I got ripped off. Maybe my bike is defective.

The only problem I'm aware of is a constant high-pitched whining coming from other FJR's---from the thing that holds the handlebars.... :p
I couldn't have said that any better. :D B)

I was starting to think I had the only '05 worth keeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
After way too many concerts w/o earplugs and getting blasted by225kw sonars in the 90's I don't notice the high frequency whines as much as some people I guess. AFWIW I love hairpie too! :p Pun definitely intended

7000 miles in the log book now.

The heat issue is all relative. I ride a Harley V-rod and a Ninja 250 in addition to the 05 FJR. The V-Rod will cook your legs and the Ninja will slow boil all parts in contact with it. My previous touring bike was a K12LT BMW. The BMW has an inadquate cooling system and manages to cook itself on a hot day. The FJR does get hot, but in relation to the other bikes I have and have ridden, I didn't really notice until I started reading this forum.

The bike rewards a smooth shift and certainly lets you know when you were not concentrating.

The throttle response is "FUN" and who really purchases this motorcycle for "Track day?"

The drive line lash is just like the other shaft drive bikes I have owned. LT, V65, 550 Vision.

The "lean surge" was easily cured for me by installing a Dobeck Techlusion TFI (adds fuel to the fuel map)

7k miles and I have thousands of miles left in both the front and the rear tires.

Consistent 45 mpg. Amazing.

The fairing acts as a megaphone and amplifies every engine sound,, same thing on the K12.

Maintenance is simple,, try changing the oil on a BMW.

I commute on it to work every day, rain or shine. I appreciate the fact that it has no chrome.

I could go on.... and on...

I didn't need to change anything on the FJR to enjoy riding it. I have enjoyed changing things to make it more "my" motorcycle.

:D