The Best Exhause System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleTy

LOVE 2 RIDE & RIDE 2 LOVE
Reaction score
I was going down the interstate and a truck lost it's trailer hitch. I missed most of it but one piece hit the exhuast header.

It could have been worst, now I need a exhuast header. This would be a good chance to get a full system or replace just the header.

What does everyone think, what brand or setup should I do? thanks for the input everyone.

a buddy of mine had Staintune on his FJR, and it was SWEET! but they are also quite expensive.

Beowulf looks pretty good on Youtube.

Neither of the above will replace the dinged exhaust header.

There are not that many full systems or aftermarket headers out there. I have the Dale Walker Holeshot header on my bike right now (with stock quiet cans), picked up used here on the forum.

But, it may be showing up in the classifieds soon, as there is a definite penalty in the low rpm torque department for having the larger header tubes and no cats for back-pressure. The jury is still out at this point. I want to wait and see what improvement there is in 1st gen heat (from the missing cats) before I raffle it off.

The other system I'm aware of is a 4 into 1 made by someone (Muzzy?). That one seems to have clearance issues on right hand turns.

You may just want to put a replacement stock one on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't Muzzy still make headers for the FJR?

I'm part of the group that would stay with the OEM headers. I have no need to lose the low RPM torque for top end performance...Seeing as how I'm not in the top end very much, but use the shit out of the low end.

I need the exhuast header only, I would consider a full system, but I am ok with the stock slip on cans.

Is it possible to tap the dent out the header?, its a pretty big dent.

I would be happy with the stock set-up.

Does anyone know where I can get one used?

I need the exhuast header only, I would consider a full system, but I am ok with the stock slip on cans.

Thesse guys might be able to do it. HTey did my pipe for my GasGas. They do awesome work. You can see the repaired pipe at the tech meet.

Pacific Crest Pipe repair They are in Central Point Oregon.

I have not heard of the OEM cans working with an after market header. Maybe someone has an OEM header they would sell.

Can the OEM header be repaired? Anyone know?

I have not heard of the OEM cans working with an after market header. Maybe someone has an OEM header they would sell.

Can the OEM header be repaired? Anyone know?
Any competent welder should be able to fix it.

Psssst!! Z'sDad.

I just mentioned (above) that I'm running the Holeshot (oversized) headers with stock cans. They fit because you leave out the stock header gasket and just goop 'em up with hiTemp silicone sealer. In my case I didn't bother and they still don't leak a bit. But you do have to knock 'em on there (it's a tight fit).

PS - post up a picture of the header carnage. It might not be as bad as you think.