The Death of Andrew Knight

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very new to the board and I don’t know any of you or Andrew. That’s why I have not replied until now.

But I felt I needed to reply once I heard this new information on his passing. While reading the first post in the string, I was worried some people might not be understanding about this type of tragedy. I am very happy to see that’s not the case.

Because of the out poring of love and understanding from all his friends here on the board, I have the upmost respect for Andrew, his friends and his family. The affection shown for Andrew from all his friends here on the board makes it very clear to see that Andrew was a great man. That’s why I find it all the more heart breaking to hear this new information.

I will not pretend to know what lead to this for Andrew. I do know how much pain suffering depression can cause for the afflicted. No one should ever feel any shame for them self or any others that may be dealing with such a debilitating disease.

I feel the most important thing in life is having close family and friends; is easy for me to see Andrews’s life was very rich and full because of his close family and friends.

I recently lost both my parents, when I think of them, I try to think of good times we shared together and let those memories bring good happy feelings about my loved ones lifes and the relationship we shaired to hart. I hope all of you can do the same.

To his family and friends, my heart breaks for you loss, my prayers are with all of you that knew him.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to me, by reading through the many threads after Andrew's death, that he made others lives more whole by sharing, teaching, mentoring, etc... I would like to respectfully suggest that that guiding hand can continue after his passing, by pushing any and all of my FJR brethren that are fighting similar inner demons, to seek the help that is needed, in order to live and love, and ride another day.
This quote (thanks jmdaniel) brought me to post an idea I have been thinking about the past few days: How about some creative soul combine the "now famous" avatar of Orangevale with something simple like "In Loving Memory" and put this on a sticker or decal. I would gladly attach said sticker or decal to my bike and continue to use it in support of the above quote.

Just an idea... how about it you creative types? Sorry if I might have missed it if someone already came up with this idea.

Also sorry about the thread hijack - this seemed like a good place to start.

Paul

Duluth, MN

'05 FJR

This quote (thanks jmdaniel) brought me to post an idea I have been thinking about the past few days: How about some creative soul combine the "now famous" avatar of Orangevale with something simple like "In Loving Memory" and put this on a sticker or decal. I would gladly attach said sticker or decal to my bike and continue to use it in support of the above quote.
Good idea. A sticker is already in the works w/o the avatar. It would lose too much detail and be expensive. Someone is working on a first iteration decal that will be white; in loving memory or in memory of; dates.

Good idea. A sticker is already in the works w/o the avatar. It would lose too much detail and be expensive. Someone is working on a first iteration decal that will be white; in loving memory or in memory of; dates.

I know this is a hijack, and I appologize, but anything planned for NAFO? A tasteful moment of silence, a couple tributes, I don't know..... subtitle it the Andrew Knight FJR gathering or something......

The loss to everyone remains identical, independent of how it occurred.

While I did not know Andrew to the level most here did, I, too was touched by him. And I feel a lump in my throat everytime I think of his death, not only because it is painfully sad, but even more so due to the realization that it could be anyone at any time, including me. I cannot imagine any family going through that, let alone my own.

But my thoughts and prayers go out to the family even more with this news. And the lump in my throat is practically a complete constriction when I think about this. An accidental death can sometimes be resolved over time in the minds of those left behind. This non-accidental passing however, will unfortunately haunt the family with unanswered questions infinitely. It is really too much to bear alone, and I hope they seek professional assistance to help. For now there is pain and hurt, but someday the anger will come, and that is when things get really difficult.

Godspeed Andrew, I hope there is peace now.

-BD

I know this is a hijack, and I appologize, but anything planned for NAFO? A tasteful moment of silence, a couple tributes, I don't know..... subtitle it the Andrew Knight FJR gathering or something......
I know through PMs that this is already being discussed. But personally, I am dedicating my NAFO trip to his memory.

But personally, I am dedicating my NAFO trip to his memory.
Got tankbag?

P1010032.JPG

But personally, I am dedicating my NAFO trip to his memory.
Got tankbag?

P1010032.JPG
Sorry, but I couldn't have his picture in my tankbag for that trip; I'd be crying all the time. I WILL be going with Andrew in my heart, though, and I will see the beauty of the road and the mountains as if for and through him. (Don't count on my pics being of the same quality, however.)

I'm so pissed at myself for not making last year's WFO and getting to ride with Andrew to Utah and back. And now, we've run out of time. So . . . all of you other F'ers with whom I missed that trip better be here for next summer's ride to Colorado. Take note: to all of you, ESPECIALLY MM2 -- no get-offs are allowed, permitted or authorized until after NAFO. Got it?

So . . . all of you other F'ers with whom I missed that trip better be here for next summer's ride to Colorado.
Uh, WE were here last WFO, and the WFO before that. Talk is cheap, Lawyer Boy, and I'm not holding my breath. :****:

It's all about choices. And priorities. NAFO will happen without you, or without me. But it WILL happen. Be there or....

BTW, the picture I posted above is not my photo, my bike or my idea. Reno John gets most of the credit. He, and Fat Naked Guy, who took the photo at WFO6.

NAFO - I think a short but tasteful review of all members lost over the previous year would be appropriate. Keep it short as not to dwell on the topic too long (I know *I* wouldn't want my passing to drag things down but would appreciate a few moments to be remembered). Perhaps one all-encompassing picture/music slideshow like what news stations run at the end of the year to remember noteworthy figures who have passed.

Sticker - If not his now-famous picture in the trees, I think the black-and-white profile shown in that tank bag pic makes sense on the sticker and would not increase the cost since there is no color.

Guys, I'm not ashamed to say I battled inner demons for a long part of my life. Seriously, don't be too proud or afraid if you need to reach out. Let Mr. Knight keep speaking to us today in ways that help us grow and improve. That's the greatest tribute you can make to a man.

Already being planned. Why not PM "El Jeffe" with your thoughts rather than airing them here?

Sticker - If not his now-famous picture in the trees, I think the black-and-white profile shown in that tank bag pic makes sense on the sticker and would not increase the cost since there is no color.
It looks like you have your work planned out. Let us know when you have the first copy and hdow much they';ll be.

Guys, I'm not ashamed to say I battled inner demons for a long part of my life. Seriously, don't be too proud or afraid if you need to reach out. Let Mr. Knight keep speaking to us today in ways that help us grow and improve. That's the greatest tribute you can make to a man.
Great advice. Second time its been mentioned.

I've been out of contact for the last week, and coming back and reading all of this has got to be one of the saddest things I've done in a very long time. As difficult a decision as it had to be to come forward with the information, I'm in agreement it is the right call. And if by chance it is useful to even one other person currently in a struggle with their own inner demons, it could be a good work of immeasurable proportions. As for the donations, if anything, it may make some pry their wallets open just a little bit wider in support of those left behind who need that support even more than many of us may have previously understood.

incidents like this remind us how sometimes we, for all our wisdom and experience, still cannot comprehend the dark places the human mind can go to and consequences of going to that dark place too often.

When I was twenty-one, I lost a good friend to a "non-accident". He was a lot like Andrew has been described and I still don't know why it happened.

My thoughts are with his surviving family, friends and co-workers.

And pasted here for posterity.

Andrew M. Knight KNIGHT, Andrew M.

Born on August 18, 1966 and entered into rest on November 10, 2007. Survived by his wife, Sherri Knight; children, Aaron Knight, Kyla Knight and Alexandrea Fisk; parents, Tony and Bernice Knight; siblings, Graham Knight and Alora Paul, David and Coleen Knight, Jeff and Julie Knight, Gillian and Michael Christensen; aunt and uncle, Colin and Pat Knight. Andrew is also survived by many nieces, nephews and cousins. Andrew had a passion for motorcycles and leaves behind many riding friends. He loved his family, friends and enjoyed music and guitars. Memorial Services will be held at Mount Vernon Memorial Park, 8201 Greenback Lane, Fair Oaks CA on Monday November 19, 2007 at 2:00pm. A Celebration to honor Andrew will be held immediately afterwards at Orangevale Recreation Center, 6826 Hazel Ave, Orangevale, CA. Flowers can be sent to Mount Vernon Memorial Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.