The first jet-powered flying man in the history of aviation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been around for a while. I can't remember if it's one, or two years ago when he first did this.

Pretty cool and crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool. Wonder what G limits the acro version will have.

I'd really rather fly the Extra though.

Extra...yikes, but say hi to Patty for me

...Decathlon plenty exciting enuf for me...

Super%20Decathlon1.jpg

This has been around for a while. I can't remember if it's one, or two years ago when he first did this.
Pretty cool and crazy.
On June 24th, 2004 Yves Rossy drops out of the Pilatus airplane at an altitude of 13,125' over the Yverdon airfield. Before pulling on the little lever that controls the opening of his wings, Yves lets himself glide for a couple seconds and at the altitude of 8200', he starts the ignition of the engines and waits 30 seconds for them to be able to stabilize. Once they are steady, he can finally speed up the engines and suddenly the dream comes true. He manages a horizontal flight at 5250' from the ground for more than 4 minutes, at a speed of 100 knots (115mph) in formation with the Pilatus airplane.

Pretty cool and crazy.
On June 24th, 2004 Yves Rossy drops out of the Pilatus airplane at an altitude of 4000m over the Yverdon airfield. Before pulling on the little lever that controls the opening of his wings, Yves lets himself glide for a couple seconds and at the altitude of 8200', he starts the ignition of the engines and waits 30 seconds for them to be able to stabilize. Once they are steady, he can finally speed up the engines and suddenly the dream comes true. He manages a horizontal flight at 5250' from the ground for more than 4 minutes, at a speed of 100 knots (115mph) in formation with the Pilatus airplane.
Correction, not crazy bloody NUTS! :dribble:

Extra...yikes, but say hi to Patty for me

...Decathlon plenty exciting enuf for me...

Super%20Decathlon1.jpg
I've met Patty several times. Here's the Cub I competed with until I got Pitts fever. Not a stock Cub, licensed Experimental. Clipped Taylorcraft wings (semi-symmetrical for better inverted flight), Lycoming O-360, full inverted systems. It would out fly a Decathlon & was a blast to fly.

tcub-1.jpg

Latest posts