The Kradellock Guy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogdeb

Scouser
Reaction score
Met up with Bob Becker today, the inventor and maker of the Kradellock.
He wanted to take some photo's of his product on a Spyder, and since he lives real close ......

Real nice guy and has a locking mechanism for just about anything a bike should need. He arrived on his HD which had locks on his GoPro, side case inners, GPS, front fairing, etc. Pretty impressive
thumbup.gif

Thought I'd share this in case ya'll are looking for Zumo GPS locks.

I've no affiliation.

https://kradellock.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff, Rog. I'm still on the fence with which gps to use for Naomi. But the idea of having a 300 - 600 dollar device somewhat secure is intriguing. Let us know how you like yours.

I mean, if YOU open that wallet of yours for a product.. It had BETTER be good, yes? :rofl:

I use a Kradellock on my Zumo 590 and love it!! I wanted protection from theft and this is far more low profile than other products.

I still take the GPS off on overnights at a hotel but it's nice not to worry about someone swiping a $700+ unit while you are at lunch or at a rest stop.

The only minor issue I have is that in extreme wet weather the unit seems to unlock by itself. I can't really blame the product as I have ridden in some really nasty stuff. 3 or 4 occasions in extreme weather the Kradellock will just unlock going down the road. I can see some slight surface discoloration on the lock mechanism and a small squirt of WD40 seems to do the trick. I imagine a spring for the lock mechanism is hanging up.

I recognize I've ridden in weather where cars are pulling off the road so I can't blame the product. 2 years and almost 50K of use I am quite happy with their product.

I use a Kradellock on my Zumo 590 and love it!! I wanted protection from theft and this is far more low profile than other products.
I still take the GPS off on overnights at a hotel but it's nice not to worry about someone swiping a $700+ unit while you are at lunch or at a rest stop.

The only minor issue I have is that in extreme wet weather the unit seems to unlock by itself. I can't really blame the product as I have ridden in some really nasty stuff. 3 or 4 occasions in extreme weather the Kradellock will just unlock going down the road. I can see some slight surface discoloration on the lock mechanism and a small squirt of WD40 seems to do the trick. I imagine a spring for the lock mechanism is hanging up.

I recognize I've ridden in weather where cars are pulling off the road so I can't blame the product. 2 years and almost 50K of use I am quite happy with their product.
Don't understand why wet would cause it to unlock?

I installed the Kradellock last year to hold my Z660 on top of my WynPro Rambone. I like it a lot.

It has not unlocked itself yet but I will be watching for that.

Good stuff, Rog. I'm still on the fence with which gps to use for Naomi. But the idea of having a 300 - 600 dollar device somewhat secure is intriguing. Let us know how you like yours.I mean, if YOU open that wallet of yours for a product.. It had BETTER be good, yes?
rofl.gif
I like it a lot Don
smile.png

So low profile you'd think it was factory, and exceptionally solid. $125.00 is a pretty reasonable price to pay to secure a $800.00 GPS unit each time you ride.

I'll be looking out for the rain/self unlocking possibility though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea why the wet makes it unlock but I can tell you that sustained nasty rain exposure is the only time it has been problem. It usually happens after several hours of wet riding. The top of the unit will randomly pop up as I'm going down the road and I can see some slight rust stains on the rods that are used for the sliding mechanism. I'll push it back down and then a minute or so later it does the same thing. I've played this game for hours at a time!!

The first time it happened I stopped and inspected it after an hour. I used the key to lock and unlock and then road for hours wondering what was up with it. Finally I stopped for some WD40 as my side stand was a little gritty as well. WD40 did the trick. I'm not exactly sure how or why but it did. It looks like there is a notch on the sliding rods for engagement. My guess is that water made its way into the unit and held up a spring plunger causing the parts to not fully engage. Bike vibrations and bumps made it possible to pop open.

It has never been a problem in normal conditions such as washing the bike or normal rain showers. The few times times I have had the issue are in extreme weather where I was a 500-1000 miles from home and didn't want to wait out a storm. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have been riding.

I will reiterate though...I think Kradelock is great.