The little orange rubber thingy under the fuel cap?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Hail to the great FJR Fourm GODS!

Ok enough of the bullshit....that little orange thingy under the fuel cap of late for me, everytime I refuel I have to put the littler bugger back into it's recess and it still looks like it is a bit flimsy sitting there? I'm not sure it there is something missing to hold it in (not that I can recall) but it's got me buggered?? ( not hard for me)

Ok you bastar....amm fellow Compadres give me the good oil?

Ciao and thanks and get fucked in anticipation.....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a seal that connects the tank thingie to cap thingie so when you fall over gas goes to correct location. Now that you've damaged yours you really phooked Thug. Will probably have to buy a brand new gas tank just to get the orange thingie. :rolleyes:

Actually, you can't buy the orange thingie as a separate piece. Gotta buy the entire gas cap. I've been orange thingie-less for 20k now, no problems mate.

Now you owe me a whiskey! :rolleyes:

I hear that if you take that orange thingee off, and throw it over your left shoulder, your gas tank will no longer make that unpleasant blurbling sound anymore.

I just heard that is all...

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need a case of beer and a hammer to fix it.

Don't let that orange thingie get the best of ya.

That little orange thingy is a part of the emission controls and is therefore covered under the emission warranty which is longer than the standard warranty!

my orange thingy swelled and popped out and blocked the vent hole while on a long ride, my tank collapsed underneath and gained two small creases on the sides, when I removed the tank the underside looked like a taco(in a bad way)!

yamaha bought me a shiny new tank and gas cap with a new orange thingy.

so if your bike still has some emission warranty or a YES warranty, and you would like a shiny new tank, plop that thingy on its side and go for a long ride, when you feel a large thunk between your legs, your good to go!

this is what a taco'd tank looks like.......

P1210146.jpg

another view

P1210142.jpg

this is the crease on the side

P1210160.jpg

It is actually a "use by" indicator.

What it means is your bike is now past it's use by date, and you need to upgrade to the '08 version.

Oh...and keep your medication up Thug....things will get better :clown2: