The low down on replacement screens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google "Laminar Lip" and order direct. You can probably get one through a dealer but I doubt anybody actually stocks one so, unless you can get a discount locally, order direct. I've got one on my Gen2 screen and it's a big improvement, in my opinion (which my SO will tell you isn't worth much). Best windshield mod for the buck.
pete :cold:
I pulled my laminar lip off just to see what difference it made (it came with the bike)... wow wow WOW. That thing is going back on right when I get home.

Went from stock to v-stream and found a huge difference but still had some buffetting. Followed a sugestion from this forum and confirmed my issue was with the helmet.

With my modular helmet, and vstream full up, if I raise my shield about 3 clicks, noise and buffetting go to zero. Even in a light rain I can ride with my shield up and wind caries the water right over the head.

With my fixed full face, another HJC, I get only a minor amount of buffeting and again zero if I flip up the visor.

I found that if I lay down with my chest on the gas tank, I am enveloped in a perfectly still pocket of air. This works at all speeds up to the rev limiter. YMMV.