The Molestation Continues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking real good RJ. :dribble: How many good looking dirt road excursions have you passed up in the last week?
Ian, you hit it on the head. The answer: 83,466
Can't tell you how many times I wished I was on a more dirt capable bike ..but the truth is, on this trip there were also more paved roads that I wanted to explore. Real proud of how many I was able to ride, but there are plenty more. So much to see and ride in Colorado -and I believe there is even more of it on dirt. I hope to make some future trips back there and will try to get on some of that dirt ...They have lots of dirt rides there ..here is an example of one of the more popular ones COLORADO500(clicky)

While riding, i was thinking of the IBA "Dust Butt" ride .....and recall (from memory) that these are primily done in Australia ...but I think that there are a few Colorado folks who have done this and I'd like to find out if they were *from* Colorado, or if they actually *did* the Dusty Butt ride *in* Colorado? I would love to tackle on of these rides ..finding the route is the toughest part -I've struggled putting a possible route together even here in NV ...maybe Coloado is the ticket?

These pics are what I do for day rides out here. You were given a great route.

During the rally I was up near Lake City riding dirt bikes, my first love of motorcycle riding.

A "Dust Butt" ride is highly feasible, here.

Good day to all.

Bob

Great pics RJ. I love the ones of the monsoons trying their best to wash your nice collection of bug scum off the plexiglass. I had the same kind of day near Austin. What a great trip and keep up the good work and Marge in Eureka said to say hi. PM. <>< ;)

Great post. I love ride reports with lots of great pics.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics John. Did you stay in Creede? Did you get the "John Wayne Room"? You must have very strong will power to stop so many times to take pictures. I couldn't do it. Too interested in what was around the next curve. And, too many "next curves".

Phil

These pics are what I do for day rides out here. You were given a great route.
During the rally I was up near Lake City riding dirt bikes, my first love of motorcycle riding.

A "Dust Butt" ride is highly feasible, here.

Good day to all.

Bob
I had lots of help on the route and give myself a solid grade for making the most of my time and putting good roads together. Still, there are many pockets that I want to go back and really pull back the covers. I got what I wanted though ...a solid snapshot of the best of Colorado. ***I would like to talk to you about 1000miles of dirt ---you say highly feasable, please share if you know of roads/routes where this would be possible. I've tried here in Nevada and it is tough ..even with going into southern OR and Idaho. I can do about 95% dirt, but it takes a bit of pavement to put some of the roads together. Maybe Colorado is the place?

Great pics RJ. I love the ones of the monsoons trying their best to wash your nice collection of bug scum off the plexiglass. I had the same kind of day near Austin. What a great trip and keep up the good work and Marge in Eureka said to say hi. PM. <>< ;)
The heavy rains were the only thing that gave my bike (and me) a bath. Bike would get really dirty, then some heavy rains would clean it all up like new!!

Great pics John. Did you stay in Creede? Did you get the "John Wayne Room"? You must have very strong will power to stop so many times to take pictures. I couldn't do it. Too interested in what was around the next curve. And, too many "next curves".
Phil
Ya, I had to work at stopping to take pics. You may have noticed early on the trip no or few pics ...and then I realized that I wanted to come back with a few pics so I did have to make it part of the ride. Not bad if you have camera handy ...it just becomes part of the ride. The real good stuff I did not stop and gets pics as I enjoy riding tight twisties too much to stop. Always a trade off :)

P1010185.jpg
the village people? dudes get around... lol...

the village people? dudes get around... lol...
LOL, nearly as ghey as the Village People ...some "posers" out of Canda ...mostly on metric cruisers.
need to be fair, these were nice guys ..enjoying the states. Pic taken at Torey Utah ..just before jumping on 12 and the twisties and rain. We traded stories, I told them of the BBG "rally" and said I was still taking pics of the rally towel and "Interesting Things" they qualified as interesting things.

Uh, RJ, you coppin' a feel there? I see Willie is holding up one end of the towel so you'll have a free hand.
What can I say, some lonely days on the road ...and these guys had me convinced that this was "The Dude" Lebowski from "The big Lebowski" movie. Canadian guys posing as hardcore bikers ...what can I say, I'm a real sucker for them. LOL

P1010098.jpg

Nice shot of new tar on a typical Colorado road. Funny how roads originally cut for wagons to go up and down mountains are so good for bikes today :)

Last edited by a moderator: