The Money Shot: Eddie Chan, SJPD, is The Man!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always been curious about the courses and how the competitors know which cones to circle, etc. There are some obvious places where you can see the pattern but knowing where to go next, etc.? Do they get a layout ahead of time to study and then a dry run or two before the clock starts?
Good question. I will try to address this, and will ask the event sponsor about specifics. But I can tell you that Friday was practice day: riders practiced with the course all day before competition on Saturday.
The AZ Drill team runs training courses here in Phoenix (usually a spring and fall class, with one day trainings throughout the year). They set up exercises similar to some of the parts of the courses in the video JB posted, and after walking the exercises, it's pretty easy to remember how each one works.

The thing I find really impressive is not how far they throw these bikes into these tight turns, but how quickly they go from full right to full left to full right etc.

I suppose they wont have to pay for the repairs themselves.

Impressive maneuvering, A+

I likey the bike (ST) and tire selection (PR3's), B+

Promotion of safety, F (headlights were off if ya missed it)

Maybe it's a Kali thingy too ;)

.."Imagine there is a small bird between your foot and the brake: You just want enough pressure to keep it from flying away, but not so much that you injure it. If you injure the bird, you will drop your bike."
Bike-Ki!
aikido.gif