The N-43 air arrived!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusorelius

Reaction score
Ordered a nolan n43 air tuesday from Helmet city in England (ya can't get this helmet with the top vents here) It came today, light weight & a great fit on my noggin!

here's some pics:

Full face shield

4495087533_c91838d754.jpg

Top vents open

4495086973_df8c1be7f8.jpg

Top vents closed

4495087717_1d0972543a.jpg

Chin bar off

4495726358_24960b874f.jpg

Inner Dark shield down

4495726402_72785fc9fc.jpg

With visor

4495071225_ac3e21aec6.jpg

Rear exhausts vents

4495087613_d6b9a9e724.jpg

This sucker should flow good air when the desert here heats up!

Interesting looking helmet. Tell me, does the top vents really leave the top of your head vulnerable in a crash (if ya' hit the top o yer head). It looks like that area would break away leaving top o head exposed.

Interesting looking helmet. Tell me, does the top vents really leave the top of your head vulnerable in a crash (if ya' hit the top o yer head). It looks like that area would break away leaving top o head exposed.
It passed the european standards (ECE) fer open & closed face helmets. which is stickter than dot. The us version (dot) has the same plastic vent piece, just don't have cut out vents.

Last edited by a moderator:
It passed the european standards (ECE) fer open & closed face helmets. which is stickter than dot. The us version (dot) has the same plastic vent piece, just don't have cut out vents.
So are you printing up a DOT sticker for it, like the Harley guys? :D

Now that you have had it for a while, I'm curious what you think. I had been looking at the Nolan as well (US version.) My chief concern was the potential for fogging on the cooler mornings since you have to basically exhale directly against the visor.

Neat features on that helmet, lots of options there for changing conditions. Hows wind noise, any wiffle ball bobble head effect ? Replacement shield available in US ?