The Newest Farkle!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
To the true meaning of farkle here is"Fencer's foot rest" Ver 1.0.

I know I need a new digital camera. I think this was digital cam ver 1.0 its a 1 meg pix camera I keep in the truck in case we brake an underground line.

I just put this on as a mock-up an I am working on better ways to connect it/clean up the appearance. I have started cheap with a pair of pegs from ebay. Suggestions (That is CONSTRUCTIVE critisism) welcome!

Peg out

Pic0006-1.jpg

Pic0002-2.jpg

Peg up

Pic0005-1.jpg

Pic0003-1.jpg

Yes, The tan stops at the boot cuff. With it mounted on the slider I can roll the clamp more forward or rear depending on rider height and where you want it on your leg.

Pic0004-2.jpg

What da ya think?!?! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your impression of the differences between what you've created and say the Wild Bill highway pegs?

For me personally, it's a bit counter to the clean lines of the bike... but that's just my personal opinion...

Too bad your feet do not extend before the front wheel.

Now it does not help to push the cagers out of the way :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the concept and the ability to shift feet and stretch legs. One thing I noticed is that in the event of a tip over, would the new footrest be jamed into or through the fairing? Your on the right track though. Oil level looks good too!

Looks like the oil level is a bit high.. :rolleyes: . You might want to use a shorter bolt in the slider clamp. One more thing, ride more,farkle less... :D smitty

15i3l0g.jpg

Looks like the oil level is a bit high.. :rolleyes: . You might want to use a shorter bolt in the slider clamp. One more thing, ride more,farkle less... :D smitty
15i3l0g.jpg
Oil is pa-fekt, thanks for asking ;)

Shorter bolt = yes. This one was handy and I needed a longer bolt to compress the clamp for the first time.

Just back from a ride trying to dodge rain showers. I zigged when I shoulda zagged a few times, the FJ offers fairly good protection from rain.

Groo,

Yes, Wild Bills pegs offer more form over function IMHO, Many people have stated Bills pegs don't extend far enough out and have to be modified. Also a few taller riders have said their shins hit the trailing edge of the fairing, I also dont think Bill's pegs offer that much of a change of leg position. What I am working on may not be as pretty but it offers function. A completely outstretched leg at a resting position. he clamp can be rotated around the slider to adjust for leg position, also in or out along the width of the slider. It's not for a quicky around town but a LD trip where I think it would be appreciated most. It (currently) slips on and off in about 15 seconds with a 1/2 inch socket.

Even though this will need more modification, the clamp is pretty secure on the slidder and I don't think the peg will cause more damage to the fairing. That of course will depend on the nature of the crash ;)

I'm waiting to see what Ian comes up with.
Yes, yes,yes, but maybe now he has a better visual concept than my bad drawing :D

I actually like the idea of tapping the slidder for a mount but I didn't have a tap large enough in the garage today. may need to go shopping :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic0004-2.jpg

What da ya think?!?! :blink:
I think you should put some boots on and use the factory pegs.

If you are sitting like that while watching TV (parked in your trailer park) that that is ok.

Seriously... put some boots on. (and keep em on) peeeeeee-yeeewwww

Make em go round and round and you can appear to pedal down the highway, and maybe exercise at the same time.