The temp's dropping and the V Stream came today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc1300

Reaction score
I've been procrastinating on this new windshield for months now but, the temps are dropping in the mornings here in Mass. So I finally ordered the V Stream and it came in today. WOW!!! it's a LOT bigger than I thought it would be. I put it on the bike, an 05 the most stylish one ;-), and it got even BIGGER!

Well, I'm off for a ride to check it out but the real test will be tomorrow morning on the way to work.

DC

I've been procrastinating on this new windshield for months now but, the temps are dropping in the mornings here in Mass. So I finally ordered the V Stream and it came in today. WOW!!! it's a LOT bigger than I thought it would be. I put it on the bike, an 05 the most stylish one ;-), and it got even BIGGER!Well, I'm off for a ride to check it out but the real test will be tomorrow morning on the way to work.

DC
Where did you pick it up?

I too considered it since fencer said he liked it; we're about the same height...

Let us know what you think...

Last edited by a moderator:
EBAY / sick_moto. great service fast delivery. about $165.97 with shipping.

DC

I bought one and received it on Monday. It's a big improvement over the stock shield. It's very quiet at the highest level, but I get some pressure on my back. Much less buffeting at all levels than the stock shield and I would recomend it to others on an '05 FJR. I bought mine from powersportsuperstore.com and the delivered price was $130.77. I would recomend them as well.

Bill, good deal, I guess I have to learn to shop more.................NAWWWW, I'm too busy riding!

OK, the maiden voyage, here's a few impressions;

1, SO....this is what it's like on a Gold Wing. LOL

2, It's quiet............maybe....TOO quiet.

3, I can feel the wind pushing the bike a bit, used to just push me.

4, HEY WHOSE PUSHING FROM BEHIND! The V Stream makes a vacumn that you can feel when it's cold.

The V stream is quiet, comfortable, and doesn't look too bad on the bike. I will probably go back to the stocker in the spring though, as nice as it is, I kinda miss the wind.

Of course, in the spring after I am used to the V Stream and change to the stock windshield I'll probably say WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING, and put it back on.

;-) DC

[SIZE=12pt]I got mine at the same place as nashville_bill. My wife and I really like it. NO buffeting as reported by my wife. Doesn't look as cool as stock, but the noise reduction and wind protection are a square trade for me. I must be getting older <_< .[/SIZE]

Well, apparently I’m becoming a wuss. I must a latent winger! LOL I really like this windshield, I’ve had it on for about a thousand miles, including torrential rain and temps in the low 40s. I’ve gotta tell ya, this V Stream is definitely the balls! It’s quiet enough to hear the Zuno and take phone calls at 70 MPH and keeps me warm in the cold. Yep………I like it, I MUST be getting old.

DC

I just put my new V-Stream on this weekend and rode to work this morning. First impression; it'll take some getting use to. I immediately noticed the smoother air behind it, not that I minded it with the stock windscreen, but when I pulled up behind a pickup, (with the safe two second clearnace of course) I noticed a lot of buffeting that was felt in the bars. At first a little uncomfortable but I think after I get use to it it'll be okay. I'll post another update after I've put some miles on it and also give my wife's opinion from the pillion.

Steve

For anyone else looking at the V-stream, give Gary McCoy a chance. Prices are outstanding, and he'll really try to beat anyone out there. garymccoy at mondakmotorsports DOT com

I ordered mine from Gary Monday, should have it first of next week.

:clapping:

EBAY / sick_moto. great service fast delivery. about $165.97 with shipping.
DC
How long did it take for delivery? I just ordered mine today and now I'm anxious :hyper:
Ken, It took about 4 days, regular delivery too. You can't beat the service but if you check out some of the earlier posts you can beat the price.

DC