The wait is over

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
I thought the wait was over when the brown truck brought my first Aerostich 2 piece suit yesterday untill it started snowing! Geez this is suppose to be sunny Grass Valley, Kalifornia. We have 4 inches of the white crud on the ground. I know you 06 guys are getting tired of waiting but it also bites when - a) you have FJR. B) new equipment to try out. c) can't ride out your driveway. Guess I will wear it while watching the races on Speed. Aerostich said 4-6 weeks when ordered but it was here in a litle over 3 weeks. The suit seems a bit stiff, but saddle time should take care of that. Perhaps I need some cheese to go with all this whinning. :lol:

Yur welcome to it, record matching 56 here yesterday, if Frank wasn't apart.....but then, I know better. It ain't spring yet, even if it is tempting us. Wear the suit while watching tv and shit, get a head start on the break in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, yuh gits yerself a piece uh pipe tuh pertend thems er handlebars, then git a big fan frum the ghee-rodge and turn it on yuh like its the wind, then tern on wunna them travel programs, lean forward in yer chair, en........don't feget'cher helmet!

OK, so I am sittin in my stich on the edge of the coffe table in a FJR position watching the Daytona 200 on Speed when the little woman walks in. She just shakes her head- doesn't she get it??

OK, so I am sittin in my stich on the edge of the coffe table in a FJR position watching the Daytona 200 on Speed when the little woman walks in. She just shakes her head- doesn't she get it??
Ha! :D You got the fever dude! Since I don't have a Stitch I was sitting on the edge of my couch in my BOXERS watching my bud Jake kick ass!

Ha! :D You got the fever dude! Since I don't have a Stitch I was sitting on the edge of my couch in my BOXERS watching my bud Jake kick ass!
Yeah, and I go to bed and am reading "Proficient Motorcycling" while wearing a new pair of riding gloves because they are a little stiff and I want to break them in some. At this point the wife walks in, looks at me and says; "YOU ARE ONE SICK PERSON!"

"What's your point?" I ask. :D

I rode home down the freeway in my van wearing my new MC gloves to break them in.

I got new Tourmaster Cortech jacket and pants for my 06. The wife is going out of town this weekend, hmmm... I can lay on the couch in them. LOL

My wife asked me what I was doing... on the computer looking at new fuel injection computers. Oh, for the new bike you don't even have yet, isn't that special. This won't be like those carb jet thingies and different pipes will it?

Smartass women!

This won't be like those carb jet thingies and different pipes will it?
Of course not. You will have the fuel injected thingy on the new bike. Totally different.

Be a smartass yourself. :D

Also use;

"ordering this Carbtune thingy will save money on servicing costs from the dealer !!'

"this trunk thingy for the back will give you room to put all your extra stuff in it"

"these new seats will make you more comfortable when we ride together"

etc

This won't be like those carb jet thingies and different pipes will it?
Of course not. You will have the fuel injected thingy on the new bike. Totally different.

Be a smartass yourself. :D

Also use;

"ordering this Carbtune thingy will save money on servicing costs from the dealer !!'

"this trunk thingy for the back will give you room to put all your extra stuff in it"

"these new seats will make you more comfortable when we ride together"

etc
And don't forget:

You know, the only reason I bought this bike is because it is rated the best for passenger comfort. I was really thinking mostly of you.

(Which actually is one of the reasons I picked it.)

Now if I can only "pick it" up from the dealer! :angry: