These Are Kinda Noob Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Don! Good questions for sure! Here's my nickles worth.I was on a kawasaki concours till it got totaled by car. Broke my wrist. So I was concerned about how my wrist would handle riding again after surgery with titanium plate and 9 screws. After I could work a clutch again I put a deposit down on an 05 FJR and finished rehab. Kindof took a chance. Soon as I got the bike went out on an 8 day 1700 mile trip. (5 months after surgery) My wrist was somewhat sore but not intollerable. The upright riding position helped. Now I've ridden about 14,000 miles in one year and most times little sore after long ride 250-500 miles in a day.

I'm real glad that I got the FJR. I've ridden a bmw rt1100, good bike but to much of a cockpit in front of me for my liking. I also own a bmw r1100s, guess I had another mid life crisis. :yahoo:

I'm 44, 5'8", 175 lbs. I'm not flat footed on the ground when I stop but I feel the FJR fits my body frame really good. I think the FJR is great all around bike, plenty of power, loves the turns, and I even took it out on a track day.

Hope this helps, nothing like a test ride, but I got mine like most others, on faith. Mark.
Mark, just saw your post. Very encouraging for a wrist-ally challenged like me. Thanks.

Don

I purchased my 04 FJR at 68 years of age. I did add Gen Mar risers which help quite a bit. All previous bikes have been cruiser type. No problems with the FJR. I limit milage per day to 450 t0 600 depending on the roads. Don't like to be on the road more than 3 weeks or over 10,000 miles per trip. The FJR has been great for me and I wouldn't trade it for a BMW or Honda.

Longrider