Think you could find an 07 AE for $12500 OTD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
Just wondering if I could find an 07 leftover AE for $12500 OTD. Cheapest I have found is $13499OTD. Seems like a decent price but cheaper is better. Also do you think they would qualify for Yamaha's current $109 per month financing? We figure we could easily have it paid off before the 3 year mark so it's a great deal right now for us. I have been looking at Used BMW's, KTM, and everything else but this finacing deal caught my eye and would be very doable for me. Any help appreciated. I am located in SoCal.... If you know of any deals please let me know ASAP. I want to pull the trigger quick....

I'd say start calling the dealers, Looks like most are asking $15.5 but you may find one with too many on the floor willing to deal.

One of my local dealers has a shiny new 06 AE. I think the last price he had written on it was $11,999, but I'm pretty sure he'd be interested in dealing to get it off the floor. PM me, if interested.

EDIT: From the Mama Yama website: $109 per month for 36 months@ 6.99% APR*

Eligible Models: All new 2008 and prior year FJR1300 models.

*On approved Yamaha Card purchases. 6.99% APR and $109 payment for 36 months for amounts financed up to $17,500. The monthly payment may increase due to any debt cancellation or late payment fees. Paying only this amount will not pay off the purchase during this period. Thereafter, the regular Minimum Monthly Payment and Standard Rate APR of 12.99%, 16.99%, 18.99% or 22.99% APR apply. For Accounts not current, the promotion is cancelled, and the Default Rate 24.99% APR and regular Minimum Monthly Payments apply. Minimum Finance Charge $1. Certain rules apply to the allocation of payments and Finance Charges on your promotional purchase if you make more than one purchase on your Yamaha Card. Call 1-888-367-4310 or review your cardholder agreement for information. Offer good only in the United States, excluding Hawaii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering if I could find an 07 leftover AE for $12500 OTD. Cheapest I have found is $13499OTD. Seems like a decent price but cheaper is better. Also do you think they would qualify for Yamaha's current $109 per month financing? We figure we could easily have it paid off before the 3 year mark so it's a great deal right now for us. I have been looking at Used BMW's, KTM, and everything else but this finacing deal caught my eye and would be very doable for me. Any help appreciated. I am located in SoCal.... If you know of any deals please let me know ASAP. I want to pull the trigger quick....
The Yamaha adds for financing caught my eye too, I'm not a financial wizard but after looking into it I decided against it. It was basically a credit card and very little of your payment went towards the principle and there were to many ways that they could adversely adjust the rate. Since I really didn't need the financing I didn't ask much about it so I don't know exactly how the Yamaha financing worked.

I'd recommend checking out your credit union, with 20% down they probably have a rate that will give you payments of about $200 a month. A bit higher than Yamaha's payment but I'd be willing to bet that the net costs of the bike would be significantly less.

I just picked up an 07 AE a couple weeks back. Got it for $12,999 OTD. Took Yami's 0/0/0 for 6 months and will have to have it paid by December in full or I get the dry lube treatment!

I shopped this out pretty good and couldn't find another dealer that would match it... You're only $500 off. Not a big deal and I wouldnt' let it stop you from getting this bike!

Good Luck.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I will be picking up a leftover 07 on Monday. I came to a final price with a dealer that is better than LACycle sports but not by much. The drive will be better though.....

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I will be picking up a leftover 07 on Monday. I came to a final price with a dealer that is better than LACycle sports but not by much. The drive will be better though.....
[SIZE=12pt]FINALLY!!!!![/SIZE]

Now we can look forward to your:

:yahoo: :yahoo: My First Ride Post.... :yahoo: :yahoo:

[SIZE=12pt]FINALLY!!!!![/SIZE]
Now we can look forward to your:

:yahoo: :yahoo: My First Ride Post.... :yahoo: :yahoo:

I hear ya. It's been a long time comming. I have went back and forth on so many bikes. I have wanted a Beemer, Adventure and eveything in between. I spent about 500 miles on a GSA and a little more than that on a KTM Adventure but for my intended purpose of Daily commuter and occasional long trip the FJR just was what I needed. I came real close to buying another 00 BMW RT-P CHP bike but my wife was cool enough to say if your gonna spend the money buy something that you really want so I don't have to say "I told you so."

So now the fun part. Where do I start with my farkles. I already have the Blue Seas Fuse strip but I need to figure out what to buy for my top case. Keep in mind I have alot of Fire Dept stuff to haul from Station to Station so I need a fairly good sized one...

So now the fun part. Where do I start with my farkles. I already have the Blue Seas Fuse strip but I need to figure out what to buy for my top case. Keep in mind I have alot of Fire Dept stuff to haul from Station to Station so I need a fairly good sized one...
Sliders!

If you ever drop the bike in a parking lot you'll be more than glad you have them.

I just bought my new 2007 FJR1300AE in central Pennsylvania for $12000 plus taxes, and got $16000 trade for my Goldwing. The "deal" was a big deciding factor to make the switch... that and a 30 mile test ride. By the way, I'm much happier with the FJR than I was with the ST1300 I owned before the Wing.

Bill

I just bought my new 2007 FJR1300AE in central Pennsylvania for $12000 plus taxes, and got $16000 trade for my Goldwing. The "deal" was a big deciding factor to make the switch... that and a 30 mile test ride. By the way, I'm much happier with the FJR than I was with the ST1300 I owned before the Wing.

Bill
i looked into the yamaha finance plan at 109 for 36 months. its not a bad plan if you do it right. if you pay more a month it will take the balance down at the end of the 36 months. their is no early payoff penalty and at the end of the 36 months you can refinance the balance with a bank or credit union for a lower rate and still have a new bike well worth what you are financing it for. you have to be sure to make your payments on time. it states in the agreement that if you fall behind this is usually consisdered a month behind they can boost your interest rate to a level that you wont like. i think its a bad deal if you do the plan and only pay the 109 a month. like the other member said the pricipal doesnt get knocked down much and at the end of the 36 you have a great big payoff and payment depending on your credit history. but if you can manage to add extra to the payment for the 36 months and refinance at the end of the term scince their is no early payoff penalty this could be a good way to get a new bike. i didnt care much for the 08 black and didnt want a clutchless model. looked all over the us for the cherry red and couldnt locate a new one so i found an 05 that i liked and bought. i hope this helps anyone considering the yamaha finance option.

Bill

Thats a 49 state, Kali bikes are 10-15% more.

Bill

Just another reason not to live in the peoples republik of kalifornia.

Bill

Hello, from Minnesota. Heinen's (which sells nationwide on Ebay but is local in Minnesota) sold me a 07 AE brand new for 10.5k

I think that is currently winning the award for lowest price. :) Anywho, they have dozens available so you should snatch one up if that is what you are looking for.

Bill

Hello, from Minnesota. Heinen's (which sells nationwide on Ebay but is local in Minnesota) sold me a 07 AE brand new for 10.5k

I think that is currently winning the award for lowest price. :) Anywho, they have dozens available so you should snatch one up if that is what you are looking for.
I looked at them when I bought mine at the time they were in the advertising 12,800.

DUDE, its about time. Now we need to hook up and do a Kernville ride up through Caliente. Hmmm, wonder if they will let us up that way with Piute fire burning? There is another way round if that one is blocked and not up the Kern. Road sux azz and is normally full of RV's.

DUDE...... come out and ride with us. Should of joined us last Sat... could of cruised down together.

OH, your wife ride? GF loves the girl company to chat with.

Congrats on the new ride....

Hi Mojave. Where did you end up getting yours? I got a quote from LA cycle sports a couple of months ago for 12,299 OTD for a left over 07. I'm selling my '05 in two days. I don't know if I can stand being without one.