Thinking of FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that wasn't very nice. He is no troll.

Dave, I know what you will be doing next August................

Let me say this, you see many more FJRs at IBA/long distance rallys/events these days than you see ST1300s. My high mileage 04 took care of me during the last IBR. I am sure your ST was a great bike, and occasionally there will be an FJR owner who goes to the ST and is happier. But there seem to be many more ST owners who eventually take the path of the light and come to the FJR and are much happier. And in my biased opinion, while the ST may be a great bike, it will not stir the soul and make the heart go pitter-patter like the FJR will.

As for attaching farkles like a GPS, there are many options that are availalble, so don't worry about that. There are many of us who have these things farkled to the max.

Good luck with your decision. Sorry to hear about your run-in with the garbage truck, and I look forward to meeting you at the starting line next August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, sorry for the insult. Certainly looked like troll material! Glad to see you're legit B)

I think these guys have adequately described the FJR versus ST. I agree having test ridden both before buying. It all depends on what you want out of riding... go with your gut.

Ve only ask for da blood after purchase, no?

Seriously, we love this machine. It aint prefect but its close enough. Try and you'll buy and we come with it...priceless !

Good shopping and blessings on ya !

Bobby

Jetmaker None taken I understand I was just jerking your chain. The information the group gave me helped close the deal.

:clapping: I purchased a new 07 Cherry color today. I was very happy with the deal and I really liked the bike. I think what really made it happen was my wife liked it too. I cannot take ownership for a couple of weeks due to injuries from motorcycle accident but I'm really excited to be joining the family. I'm hoping to pick up the seat tomorrow and drop it off to get a little work on it before I take delivery.

So I'm sure I'll be around asking a lot of questions since I need to get it ready for the 2009 IBR.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that wasn't very nice. He is no troll.

Dave, I know what you will be doing next August................

Let me say this, you see many more FJRs at IBA/long distance rallys/events these days than you see ST1300s. My high mileage 04 took care of me during the last IBR. I am sure your ST was a great bike, and occasionally there will be an FJR owner who goes to the ST and is happier. But there seem to be many more ST owners who eventually take the path of the light and come to the FJR and are much happier. And in my biased opinion, while the ST may be a great bike, it will not stir the soul and make the heart go pitter-patter like the FJR will.

As for attaching farkles like a GPS, there are many options that are availalble, so don't worry about that. There are many of us who have these things farkled to the max.

Good luck with your decision. Sorry to hear about your run-in with the garbage truck, and I look forward to meeting you at the starting line next August.
SkooterG,

Thanks for the nice reply and the recognition are you planning to attend the National Meet this year? I would love to see how you have the bike set up. If I'm able to ride I will be there with the the new bike probable 1000 miles on it. Let me know we can hook up.

Take care,

Dave

Ve only ask for da blood after purchase, no?Seriously, we love this machine. It aint prefect but its close enough. Try and you'll buy and we come with it...priceless !

Good shopping and blessings on ya !

Bobby
Bobby, how is your FJR with the heat of TX??