This Sucks So Bad!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems the roads we know best are the ones that sneak right up on us. One snuck right up on me too not long ago.. And yes it SUCKS majorally.

But, you are walking around looking at the bike's remains...it's all that really matters.

Heal fast, yer scoot will.

Jager,

Just saw this thread. Very sorry to hear about all the badness. But as all the others have said, you made out pretty damn good all things considered. I'm sort of visualizing what happens when you hit a section of mud on the road. One foot down, sliding like a flat tracker, and then... traction again!! Sounds like a high side "opportunity" to me...

Seems the roads we know best are the ones that sneak right up on us. One snuck right up on me too not long ago.. And yes it SUCKS majorally.
That is the truth, right there. And it applies to both 2 wheelers and cages. I've read lots of statistics that say more accidents happen close to home (varying percentages with varying distances) and I believe it. We all get a little complacent on the roads we are familiar with. So that means the wicked smaht riders will be being extra attentive on those familiar roads in the future (wink, wink...)

Sorry for your misfortune, But thats why bikes are made of metals & plastics. We can rebuild them. make them faster better, stronger. Not as easy with us riders. glad you're okay. Now go trick that fukka out!

dog

Last edited by a moderator:
As said you're A O. K.

To add info to fred w statement about wreck most wrecks happen with in 25 miles of your residence. thats over 50%

Maybe and insurnance person can give the exaxt percentage....

Whoa, I lost count of all the recommendations to see a Doctor.

December is the single busiest month of the year for me, and I've had to work 12 hrs/day the last 2 days, travelling over 800 miles. Any other month, my ass would have been glued to bed. Getting up at 4am with everything hurting just multiplies the suck factor!

Ironically, all my work is with Hospitals; I've walked past 7 ERs and 7 Radiology Depts in the past 48 hours. Never thought to stop for an exam.

I've always been a tough it out person: no stiches, no ER visits (literally - never), just bleed it out. Now, I'm starting to feel more fragile. Nothing is broken, no sprains, just a lot of soreness. My neck is the only real worry, and I may go have it examined tomorrow. It feels similar to whiplash I experienced about 10 years ago, and I don't want to be a crippled old fart yet.

The Insurance adjuster will be here in 10 hours; better go shoot Jager for good luck. Is there anything it won't fix? :drinks:

Thanks everyone for all your concern and cheering, I sincerely appreciate it.

Ah yes Jagermiester, The white mans crack as it's referred to here. Nope, ain't nutting it won't cure... till it wears off ;)

Dude, sorry to here of yer get off. Take it easy and DO get looked at. Shit has a tendency to bite you in the ass days, sometimes years from now.

This public service announcement brought to you by The Macallans. The finest single malt ever brewed.

:jester:

This public service announcement brought to you by The Macallans. The finest single malt ever brewed. :jester:
Of course, "the finest" is subjective, but I can not disagree. There are more flavorful single malts, but "fine" is a good description of T.M.

I had groomed one of the other engineers at work as my replacement. When I eventually switched jobs (this about 6 years ago) he was a shoe-in. After we had each assumed our new positions I received a gift bottle of The Macallan 18. :yahoo:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it last any longer than ~2 years. :angry:

Needless to say, we are close friends to this day. ;)

So the Geiko Insurance Adjuster came to inspect my poor baby this morning: IT'S TOTALED!

When he saw the bent handlebar and tail piece, he immediately thought of frame damage, and indicated it may be considered a total loss. I had printed off the Yamaha OEM prices for the obviously damaged prices, which he took, along with photocopies of Farkle receipts. The total for plastic alone was around $5k. Add the potential frame & labor, and he re-estimated around $10k. He called me 10 minutes ago with the market value including farkles, and they're cutting a check. Holy Crap, IT'S TOTALED!

Apparently, I'm going shopping.

So the Geiko Insurance Adjuster came to inspect my poor baby this morning: IT'S TOTALED!
When he saw the bent handlebar and tail piece, he immediately thought of frame damage, and indicated it may be considered a total loss. I had printed off the Yamaha OEM prices for the obviously damaged prices, which he took, along with photocopies of Farkle receipts. The total for plastic alone was around $5k. Add the potential frame & labor, and he re-estimated around $10k. He called me 10 minutes ago with the market value including farkles, and they're cutting a check. Holy Crap, IT'S TOTALED!

How much does the lizard want for you to buy it back? Or are you just gonna take the money and run (to the Yammie dealer)?

How much does the lizard want for you to buy it back? Or are you just gonna take the money and run (to the Yammie dealer)?

They haven't provided a price, or that option, yet. I am tempted to buy it back. Also quite tempted by the Black '08!

I must say, dealing with Geiko so far has been MUCH easier than other companies in the past.

Bummer.... Of course could have been worse if one of those Sliders would have got you in the head or something. Now that would have been embarrassing. And Hey the 08s are out.