This versus that

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm considering the purchase of an electric liner and gloves with the temperature control. The two brands are Gerbing jacket liner with gloves and the Powerlet jacket liner and gloves. Does anyone have any reviews/comments for either of these two brands? Thanks in advance :)

I'm considering the purchase of an electric liner and gloves with the temperature control. The two brands are Gerbing jacket liner with gloves and the Powerlet jacket liner and gloves. Does anyone have any reviews/comments for either of these two brands? Thanks in advance :)
I just purchased the Gerbings G3 gloves and Jacket Liner w/dual heat controls. Very happy with them(toasty warm). I also bought a powerlet that mounts by your seat made for FJR. I would suggest that since the battery cord is not that long on the Gerbings. You will also have to buy a powerlet adapter for Gerbing gear($15). Hope this helps.

Does anyone have any reviews/comments for either of these two brands? Thanks in advance :)
I've never used the Powerlet but my wife and I both have the Gerbing jacket liner and heated gloves and, except for the gloves being a little bulky, absolutely love the gear. Really extends our riding season - we went riding on Christmas Day! :)

Had both, prefer the gloves.

For why and the views of others, paste the following into Google and you'll get 166 hits with many of them on the same question. There's even another currently open thread on the exact same thing: site:fjrforum.com gerbing liner gloves