Throttle Body Sync

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBluesman

Some call me... The STIG!
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
This may have to got to NEPRT but I'll start here for now.

I still see posts regarding TB sync and how people made there own manometers, water filled, ATF filled, and other fluid filled manometers and some by Motion-pro, etc. I recently purchased a used Morgan Carbtune II off of a forum member and used it the other day.

My .02­­¢ Spend the extra cash and get a Morgan Carbtune II or PRO. The thing was so easy to use and was pretty steady on pulsing. I easily got all 4 cylinders to within 5mm Hg, within about 5, 10 minutes max. I got so anal about it I kept rechecking and slightly adjusting. No need to remove the fuel tank (per the manual), just support it upright, and go. I didn't need a wooden block either to adjust the tank back. Just make sure you have a quarter tank or less of fuel and make sure the rear pivot bolt is loose.

All said, this is the first time I've done this and probably took about 20 minutes total to tear into, adjust, and reassemble. Now how much does the local dealer charge like a C-note or more? You pay for that the first time after buying your Morgan Carbtune manometer.

The only draw back I had doing this was wearing shorts and constantly burning my right leg on the left side exhaust as I tweaked the TB screws and watched the manometer, then blipped the throttles. Got me every time I rotated and did that. You think I'd learn after the first 4 times, but Noooooooooo!

Also make sure you have the inserts inline on the manometer to keep the pulsing in check. Morgan's website goes into extreme detail regarding this. Between Warchild's FJRTech site and this one by Broodwich, you have all you need. Thanks Warchild & Broodwich ;)

Last edited by a moderator: