Throttle grip pulley modification

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slapnpop

Rest in Peace our Forum Founder
Reaction score
I've been looking at the extra throttle grip assembly I have laying around for my '03. The '06 uses the same assembly, and it would be easy to re-cut the original tube down in profile to counter-act the progressive throttle body pulley.

I'm going to experiment with the grip tube I've got here, and get the tooling worked out. It looks like a simple enough modification, that could be done for $10 or $15 a piece plus shipping. How many people would be interested in having this done?

Anyone with an '06 want to test for me? My '03 is just fine the way it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume that you are talking about reshaping the profile on the tube so that it is similar to the G2 device members have installed on their bikes?

I'd be interested. I know I was going to try the G2 but was concerned how it would work with my throttle lock.

Be happy to test also.

Capt. Bob

I assume that you are talking about reshaping the profile on the tube so that it is similar to the G2 device members have installed on their bikes?I'd be interested. I know I was going to try the G2 but was concerned how it would work with my throttle lock.

Be happy to test also.

Capt. Bob
Yep. Count me in too. I have the same concern as Bob and don't really want to change my throttle lock.

I assume that you are talking about reshaping the profile on the tube so that it is similar to the G2 device members have installed on their bikes?I'd be interested. I know I was going to try the G2 but was concerned how it would work with my throttle lock.

Be happy to test also.

Capt. Bob
Yep. Count me in too. I have the same concern as Bob and don't really want to change my throttle lock.
When are you going to be back in the TN area? Come through Johnson City at all?

I want to be very careful so that what I say is not considered spaming. There are at least 3 reasons that cutting your stock throttle tube down will not acheive the same results as the one that others have bought. If anyone has a dobt as of why, I would be glad to tell you and I am not saying this as a sell tacktic. I am saying this because I have tried the mentioned cheap fix.

I want to be very careful so that what I say is not considered spaming. There are at least 3 reasons that cutting your stock throttle tube down will not acheive the same results as the one that others have bought. If anyone has a dobt as of why, I would be glad to tell you and I am not saying this as a sell tacktic. I am saying this because I have tried the mentioned cheap fix.

OK so tell us.

When are you going to be back in the TN area? Come through Johnson City at all?

I don't think I'll be in TN any time soon.

OK so tell us.
Yes, tell us. You doing one-by-one via PM is only going to raise the concerns of administration what your interests are being on the board with 1 post.

Thanks.