Throttle Lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I must be missing something here, but how is a $160 Tak-Lok or a $209 BreakAway device better than a $20 GoCruise or a $30 Vista Cruise? Seriously. If it was a real cruise control, I could certainly see it, but what does it do besides lock the throttle wherever you set it?

Not trying to dump on your choice, honest. I'm trying to understand it.

Well poop. It won’t work with Pazzo’s. There is too much sweep-back in the Pazzo levers to be able to mount the lever clamp of the device. Not even close. The big “arm” thingie would have to be a good inch shorter.

So, back it goes.

Dang. Back to having minivans full of nuns giving me the finger as they roar by me because my sissy-ass 80 MPH cruise control limit was getting in the way of their doing God’s work.

Installed mine took a 400 mile ride today, not much good as a cruise device, for me anyway, as a given setting doesn't keep hespeed constant with any elevation change, BUT great as a way to keep the bike running whist you exercise your hand or need , to do something t your clutch hand glove ! For me that makes I all worth while thanks

Has anyone tried mounting it on the outside and using your pinky to set it? Or will it not reach?

Well poop. It won’t work with Pazzo’s. There is too much sweep-back in the Pazzo levers to be able to mount the lever clamp of the device. Not even close. The big “arm” thingie would have to be a good inch shorter.
So, back it goes.

Dang. Back to having minivans full of nuns giving me the finger as they roar by me because my sissy-ass 80 MPH cruise control limit was getting in the way of their doing God’s work.
Well that stinks, but it's good to know. Thanks for being the guinea-pig.

The GoCruise doesn't work with Handguards. It might, if I felt like doing some cutting but not sure I'd want to.

This throttle lock works with both the hand guards and the Pazzo's......

file_zpsb8161eb3.jpg

file_zpsce065446.jpg

R

I forgot that I modified my handguards to sit closer to my hands. If I open the throttle past 3/4 it gets hung up on the hand guard.

Thanks for helping me realize that though

Question, fairlaner: That's a GoCruise, isn't it?

Okay, second question: Where'd ya get the gigundous bar-end weight?

I need to order me up a Go Cruise. I was wondering what size works best for the 08 FJR AE. They offer a 22mm 7/8 or a 25mm 1"? Not sure what size works for our bikes. I really like the idea of the electronic cruise but I need something that can hold speed at 20mph or less. I work some pro cycling events doing moto marshaling and when the peleton is cruising along at less than 25mph I don't think an electronic cruise will engage. I may be wrong though. I only need it for maybe 30 seconds at a time while I'm writing down times and stuff. I think this will work perfect. Also curious about the Omni cruise. Is it any better than the Go Cruise?

Last question. Will the size I order change if I add grip puppies? I need some bigger grips for my "MAN" hands. lol...

I have the Omni Cruise. It's very well made from machined aluminum and works very nicely. Tension is easy to adjust while under way and it will hold a steady throttle position. The adjustment allows a pretty wide range of grip diameter. At the time I bought mine I had read of Go Cruise breaking occasionally and no adjustment. Other than that, it's a throttle lock. You can accomplish the same function with a properly bent piece of coat hanger.

I have the factory grip heaters with Grip Buddies over them 'cuz I, like you, have XXXL hands. I trimmed a small portion of the Grip Buddy to accommodate the Omni Cruise. Works like a champ!

I need to order me up a Go Cruise. I was wondering what size works best for the 08 FJR AE. They offer a 22mm 7/8 or a 25mm 1"? Not sure what size works for our bikes. I really like the idea of the electronic cruise but I need something that can hold speed at 20mph or less. I work some pro cycling events doing moto marshaling and when the peleton is cruising along at less than 25mph I don't think an electronic cruise will engage. I may be wrong though. I only need it for maybe 30 seconds at a time while I'm writing down times and stuff. I think this will work perfect. Also curious about the Omni cruise. Is it any better than the Go Cruise?
Last question. Will the size I order change if I add grip puppies? I need some bigger grips for my "MAN" hands. lol...
Our bars are the 7/8" versions, most non Harleys are......the Go Cruise is an awesome lil device, simple, highly

effective, and as long as your expectations are in-line, the best value out there IMO, use mine EVERY single ride.

I have the GoCruise, and really appreciate the elegance of the solution. I've been too lazy to put the silicone sleeve on, so it creeps a little bit, less since I did the throttle return spring unwind. But, there are times that I'd like to have the positivity of the Throttlemeister. Not enough times to overcome the grins I get when I think of what I saved, though.

Latest posts