Throttle Rocker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still looking for an old style one..... if anyone has one they want to get rid of ??? :rolleyes:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?a...=83&t=18323
I may have an extra lying around. When I heard they were changing the design I picked up a few from University Motors. I agree the old design is 1000% better than the new Velcro version. And the Crampbuster is too large. With the old version you can spin it around out of the way whenever you don't need it. And just as easily spin it back to a position to provide some relief.

I'm still looking for an old style one..... if anyone has one they want to get rid of ??? :rolleyes:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?a...=83&t=18323
I may have an extra lying around. When I heard they were changing the design I picked up a few from University Motors. I agree the old design is 1000% better than the new Velcro version. And the Crampbuster is too large. With the old version you can spin it around out of the way whenever you don't need it. And just as easily spin it back to a position to provide some relief.

Fingers crossed here !!! Let me know I'll send up some cash. :yahoo:

If you don't like the velcro style and think the Crampbuster is too large, check out the Wrist Rest here. The part your hand rests on is about the size of the original Throttle Rocker, plus it pivots so you can move it out of the way easily.

Disclaimer: Haven't tried it myself. I still have one of the old style TR's. I really like it for long hauls on the superslab, hate it everywhere else.

I've been using the Throttle Rocker on my '04 FJR for several years now and love it . I have no interest in having a throttle lock on the bike but the Throttle Rocker works great to rest my hand while riding. I have the version with the velcro and use it over Grip Puppies without any problem. The velcro can slip but I solved that problem by wrapping a 1/4 inch rubber band tightly over and around the rubber collar they provide with the Throttle Rocker, which allows the velcro fastener to grab securely and not move (one of those small, wide rubber bands the stores frequently use to bundle together broccoli, etc. etc. worked fine for this purpose). The Throttle Rocker could be dangerous in the twisties or in slow speed maneuvers if you aren't used to it--it's very sensitive to the slightest movement of the hand. I remove it if I allow someone else to ride my bike. Once you get used to it however, it's great, I've had no problems with it in the twisty tight stuff or slow speed maneuvers. I also use one on my Gixxer sportbike and love it.

Lee in the Mountains of Northern California

I believe that they are selling the older style at Alaskan leathers as well. I am interested in getting one when I order a black sheepskin soon. Many mention that a particular size works better than others. How so? Don't wanna get something too long or wide (or too small, for that matter). Thanks all.

John.

I found that simply trimming the grip puppie a little shorter allowing for the width of the device worked best for me.
[SIZE=24pt]Great Idea[/SIZE]. I have the old style "Throttle Rocker" and tried it over my grip puppies. With the grip puppies the throttle rocker fit a little too tight and I couldn't rotate it because it would dig into the grip puppy and rip a hole. I ended up getting the new style and it worked ok but I couldn't adjust it on the fly or rotate it out of the way when I didn't want it.

I just came in from trimming the grip puppy and putting my old style "Throttle Rocker" back on. Now it works like it should and still looks great. This was so simple I should have thought of it myself. Thanks for the smack in the head to get me going in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator: