Throttlemeister guys - heavy or not?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see a video of how to use the throttlemeister. Anyone know of one that shows how to engage it while riding? The ones I found on youtube don't show it very well. I can picture it, but a video would sure be nice.
Keep in mind, you will engage it on a straight road. While holding the throttle with my right hand, I reach over with my left to engage the lock. Only takes a couple seconds and isn't difficult. I've tried using one hand and I didn't care for it. As Tom mentioned you can keep it just off the locked position which makes it easier with one hand, that way just isn't for me.

I keep the throttlemeister just-off the lock position. It only needs to turn less than 45 degrees to go from off to full lock. It can also be tightened just enough to relieve the spring pressure, but not lock the throttle, and that works to relieve wrist strain where you don't want to lock up the throttle or release the bars. The advantage of the TM over most throttle locks is that it is not just an on/off device, it can be used to set throttle return resistance, in addition to its use as a lock.
OK, now that makes sense. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure these will be on my list of stuff to buy when I place my order with MCL later this month.

After some weeks of trying to research the various cruise control/throttle lock options I've decided to go for the Throttlemeister approach. So now the question is - go for heavy option or stay with the standard? Is heavier always better in terms of vibrations or is there a different optimum weight depending on each motorcycle, what accessories might be bar-mounted, etc.....?

Basically I would assume that heavier would dampen more of the vibrations but not sure if that is true. Has anyone tried both options and able to directly compare?

thanks
I bet the standard version of the TM would dampen much more then the stock and probably will dampen about as much as can be done. I'm sure the larger ones are not adding much more dampening. However, if you ever went down the extra length would probably help protect that plastic a bit more. Knock on wood.