Throttlemeister install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinpusher

Reaction score
Just installed the heavy, milled Throttlemeister. As a bonus, I used the included Loctite to secure the locks on the side bags. Haven't tested it yet 'cause its raining, but I like the looks.

blackmilled.jpg

TM.jpg

20 dollars extra. Ordered them through sportbikeeffects.com for the forum discount. And yes, the Grip Puppies are real nice. Tried progrips first, then went to stock grips with puppies.

Tip for ya. Trim about 1/8 to 1/4 inch off the grip puppies, or they tend to drag on the throttlemeister and the throttle doesn't close so well. Learned from experience, I've got Honda heated grips with puppies and throttlemeisters on mine. I do like the notches tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tip for ya. Trim about 1/8 to 1/4 inch off the grip puppies, or they tend to drag on the throttlemeister and the throttle doesn't close so well. Learned from experience, I've got Honda heated grips with puppies and throttlemeisters on mine. I do like the notches tho.
Thanks for the tip. I did notice that the grip puppies were a little too long. I just pushed them up furthur on the grip, but that didn't seem like a permanent fix.

J

Hey guys, do most of you go with the 'heavy' throttlemeisters because of looks, ease of activation, reduced vibration, or a combination (which)?

I'm about to order mine, but hate how the 'heavy' ones look, and was thinking of ordering the regular ones, but want to hear the reasons first to make a final determination.

I also didn't know there was a discount if ordering from the above mentioned website; by the way, what's the discount?? Thanks.

JC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, do most of you go with the 'heavy' throttlemeisters because of looks, ease of activation, reduced vibration, or a combination (which)? I'm about to order mine, but hate how the 'heavy' ones look, and was thinking of ordering the regular ones, but want to hear the reasons first to make a final determination.

I also didn't know there was a discount if ordering from the above mentioned website; by the way, what's the discount?? Thanks.

JC
I bought Heavy, because of the reports of reduced vibrations. However, it's been raining pretty bad since my install yesterday, so I've yet to see first hand. I did buy the "milled" for ease of operation (thinking it would add grip on those hot, sweaty hand days).

Forum discount for Sport Bike Effects here Linky. Discount is 10%.

J

Thanks for the info.

And don't feel offended Silent. They don't look bad indeed, but personally don't like them that long. I like the stock barend weights just fine, so even the regular throttlemeisters look long to me.

I wanted to know if it's not too much trouble to engage the short ones vs the long ones. I want them to be functional, after all. And I'd order the regular ones, which shouldn't be as slippery as polished ones, but more so than milled for sure. Good thing is I always wear gloves, which should provide the grip needed to engage them, me thinks. Thanks again.

JC

Thanks for the info. And don't feel offended Silent. They don't look bad indeed, but personally don't like them that long. I like the stock barend weights just fine, so even the regular throttlemeisters look long to me.

I wanted to know if it's not too much trouble to engage the short ones vs the long ones. I want them to be functional, after all. And I'd order the regular ones, which shouldn't be as slippery as polished ones, but more so than milled for sure. Good thing is I always wear gloves, which should provide the grip needed to engage them, me thinks. Thanks again.

JC
I've got thick skin, I doupt you could offend me B)

I don't think you'll have any problem activating any of the throttlemeisters once you get the hang of it. It doesn't take much effort at all to engage.

Throttlemeiester come in naturel, black , chrome and heavy or normal. Lots of choices. Be careful with ther install. I had mine done by my Yamaha dealer because I am lazy and had other stuff for him to do. He is a good mechanicic. But my throttlemeiester became loose and disappeared on my first long distance ride. It really was my fault because I noticed it was nor working properly and did not stop to tighted the end bolt. My mechanic said he had used the lock tight as recommended but used a less secure brand because of difficulty removing bolts with the most secure kind of lock tight. As you can tell I am not a mechanic and should have stuck to riding tricycles. But I do love the FJR. An AE version by the way. Which is getting lots of flack but after a little getting used too peforms magnificently. Up with the hand control down with the foot. Smooth as silk.

csr