Throttlemeister Install?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a used set with no instructions. I unscrewed the existing bar ends, put the friction sleeve on the throttle tube and screwed in the TMs. Done!
Funny when I installed my TM in 03, there was no need to remove the clutch insert; just put on the new bar end. Are the new TMs different?

26647013-L.jpg

26647017-L.jpg

26647019-L.jpg

Hrm... mine are nothing like that on the insides. They just have a metal "spacer" and they screw right into the existing inserts. No problems at all. I think I'll just let it go for now and maybe get the real inserts after I eBay some more crap so I don't have to justify it to the family accountant.

I found the trick was to reverse the ends of the puller. The smaller end kept binding the insert not allowing it to come out. Regards, Greg :bleh:

In a few months I plan on flying 3000 miles away, picking up an FJR, installing a throttlemeister, and riding 3000 miles back. The thing is, I may not keep this bike when I get back, so I want to revert the bike to stock. After reading about all this insert pulling and what not, I'm wondering if stock bar-ends will ever work again.

You see,I've used my TM on 4 different bikes so far, and I don't want to make them permanent to the FJR. Is it possible to somehow thread the TM directly into whatever's in there now? I guess not, or they would've made it that way. So I guess the question is can I put the inserts back?

In a few months I plan on flying 3000 miles away, picking up an FJR, installing a throttlemeister, and riding 3000 miles back. The thing is, I may not keep this bike when I get back, so I want to revert the bike to stock. After reading about all this insert pulling and what not, I'm wondering if stock bar-ends will ever work again.
You see,I've used my TM on 4 different bikes so far, and I don't want to make them permanent to the FJR. Is it possible to somehow thread the TM directly into whatever's in there now? I guess not, or they would've made it that way. So I guess the question is can I put the inserts back?
If you pull them out carefully (and not break them) you can just tap them back in. I may pull my TM off after I install my CC.