Throttlemeister Removal or adjustment? How?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deagle

Reaction score
For some reason after a couple of years, the throttlemeister when fully "off" is now constantly making contact with the friction sleeve, making it resistant to turn the throttle.

I take off the bar end, but the internal components do NOT move (I cannot slide them out). How does one loosen them so I can move the throttlemeister out a little bit?

Thanks,

Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to just the opposite, remove a couple shims since the unit was not gripping. Just unscrew the bar-end and add a shim, repeat as necessary to loosen the grip. Throttlemeister instructions are available for download if you don't have them.

So what if I wanted to remove the throttlemeister all together? Just out of luck?

As a sidenote: I am sure I remember being able to move the internal cylinder in and out when I was adjusting it for the first time before completely tightening down the end cap. I am sure I did not use any shims on the throttle side, but probably did on the non throttle side.

I have the instructions that came with it but they are pretty vague.

Edited to add: I do not see any instructions on their website.

This link has good photos of an install on a Concours, and is equivalent to installation on a FJR clicky

Shims are only behind the throttle side end. Just unscrew the socket bolt, pull it off and take a look at what is there. If there are no washers (shims), you will probably need to add a couple. If you don't have any, then contact Throttlemeister, I'm sure they will send what you need.

Just called them. They do not include shims with the FJR kit.

They are sending me some in the mail.

Thanks for the help.

Don.

Just called them. They do not include shims with the FJR kit.

They are sending me some in the mail.

Thanks for the help.

Don.
I just installed mine and the adjustment procedure is to use the extractor they include for removing the OEM stud to pull the Throttlemeister stud out a little further, or to tap it with a a dead blow hammer to push it in more.