Throttlemeister w/Heated Grips Install ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdkluck

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing good and maybe got some better weather than I have been seeing and experience in the mid-west.

I had a question for you in regards to the throttlemeister, I bought them and finally decided that I was going to try and do something with them instead of looking at them sit on my table.

I have an ’08 Yamaha FJR1300A bike with the yamaha heated grips installed on the bike.

I was looking at the instructions for installing the throttlemeister and when I got to reading step #3 ……is to install the friction sleeve. I went out and looked at the grip and tried to see if I could roll it back at all.

I could not roll back any of the grip at all and was also wondering how the heated grips were or where the heating mechanisms were at.

Do you need to have the friction sleeve installed or can you install and operate the throttlemeister without it? Also if you need to install the friction sleeve do you just tear up the grip? Also how are the heated grips mechanisms and what not set since I dont want to screw them up or rip/break anything that has to do with that.

Thanks,

Donnie

No special parts for Throttlemeister are required or available for this bike. You do a normal install except the grips cannot be rolled back. Just work the friction sleeve in under the grips.

Latest posts