Throttlemeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they will come out. Most people use loc-tite on the threads so just heat up the bolt heat a little and they should work loose. Try turning the bolt first though and see what happens. I would like to buy a set so let me know what model and how much.

They can be removed without issue, but I had some trouble with mine until I figured out the design... just a compression fitting that wedges the two 0-rings against the throttle tube. Once you loosen the bolt, you might need to push it inward to relieve the pressure:

29681.jpg

The problem with removing it and replacing it with something else or selling it is going to be the compression fitting. That is what the TM bolts into, so if you sell it, are you going to sell it with the fittings? If so, you'll have to replace them, but honestly, I don't know from where. I would think TM may sell them separately, and I figure other bar-ends will screw into them. FWIW, I saved my original fittings so I can press them back in if the TM and me don't get along.

The person that installed them should have used blue Loctite, so they should just break loose with a little pressure and no heat. Should...

I installed them myself and I should have the stock parts. Don't remember how everything goes back together. I'll try this weekend to tack them aoart