Throttlemeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmassey

Reaction score
Just curious...Does the throttlemeister work as easily as advertised? Can it be operated with one hand, or do you have to reach across with your left hand to set it when you are riding? Also, if you have this "cruise control", do you reccomend it.

Thanks ....Tim

Just curious...Does the throttlemeister work as easily as advertised? Can it be operated with one hand, or do you have to reach across with your left hand to set it when you are riding? Also, if you have this "cruise control", do you reccomend it.
Thanks ....Tim
Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Save your money and buy a VistaCruise. TM's are way too hard and IMO, not too safe to use. Mostly because you have to remove your hand from the throttle - at speed - to activate or deactivate the mechanism. They are very well made and purtty as hell, but the VC makes more sense to me.

I've had them both. The Vista Cruise is much easier to use, but mine ws a little cumbersome to reach around for the starter. A minor annoyance.

The throttlemeister is a litle more difficult until you get used toit. I don't have to "let go" of the throttle to activate mine. I can hold it steady and work the T.M. just fine.

Mostly it's personal choice.....and what you are willing to spend.

I've had TM's on most of my bikes. They work fine.

The VC's work Okay too - it's mostly a matter of preference. The VC's are too Rube Goldberg to me. The TM's are very finely machined and look totally unobtrusive.

You never need to "reach across" to adjust a TM. Just roll the friction on/off with your right hand. If properly adjusted, you can always override the friction. So I don't see the safety issue as being any more severe than any other throttle lock.

The only tricky technique is tightening the friction without rolling off the throttle and loosening the friction without the throttle snapping shut. THis involves independently rotating the bar end with one's pinkie and 3rd finger, while still gripping the throttle with your index and middle finger. It's not hard, but it does take a little practice. Once you master this, you can adjust the TM's friction seamlessly with the throttle in any position.

Recommended.

- Mark

Mark +1

Part of the beauty of the design (looks aside) is that you can adjust the friction. The sweet spot for me is when there's just enough to hold it in place. This makes it very easy (and safer) to adjust or manually override for any reason.

BUT is does take practice.

Try Galaxy Blue trim!

190j3473.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Throttlemeisters are great.

I havent' even gotten my FJR yet, but I've got the adapter kit to move my TM over first thing.