Throttlescheister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikesniffer

Reaction score
So it's Saturday evening and I want to fix my Throttlemeister...turning the hex nut and all I hear is rubber squeeking but no luck in removing the unit

obviously needing help!

Alfred

I'm stumped bikesniffer. Sounds like it was loc-tighted and maybe torqued down pretty hard. If you aren't getting any "traction," can you pull the whole bar end unit outward to try to get it to bite more?

I'm stumped bikesniffer. Sounds like it was loc-tighted and maybe torqued down pretty hard. If you aren't getting any "traction," can you pull the whole bar end unit outward to try to get it to bite more?
Damn the thing is out now, pulled with the inner shaft with the 3 o-rings...now I have 2 part that shaft and the black bar end with the brass insert and of course the hex screw...now what?

The brass insert is not moving at all..I am really lost at this point, wish I could talk to somebody...

wonder now how I get this thing to work again... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I know it's probably not any help today, but I called the guys at Throttlemeister for help on the installation and they were very helpful. I would think that they would be able to help on the removal also. Good luck.

So it's Saturday evening and I want to fix my Throttlemeister...turning the hex nut and all I hear is rubber squeeking but no luck in removing the unit
obviously needing help!

Alfred
turn hex one half turn,turn to tighten and tighten hex

obviously needing help!

Alfred
The throttle meister came with different washers, try taking out washer or use thinner washers to bring the friction ring closer to the grip, did you put the friction ring on the throttle tube?

Marcus

Latest posts