Tie Downs/Bungee

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a place on the sidecases that bunjee buddys will work. Where the side bags attach to the frame there is just enough room to attach them, I have 1 on each side at the front attachment point. Gotta love the awesome Garaulds rack on the back !

Last edited by a moderator:
One option previously discussed here that even includes a picture of a Bungee Buddy placement on the side bag.

...and no...I didn't remember that thread. I found by using the very powerful search option of bungee buddies side case site:fjrforum.com at Google.

There is a place on the sidecases that bunjee buddys will work. Where the side bags attach to the frame there is just enough room to attach them, I have 1 on each side at the front attachment point. Gotta love the awesome Garaulds rack on the back !
Looking at the Garaulds as well as https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/Sma...9%20-%20inv.htm

Will probably use for a small soft tail bag like the Cortech eventually. I though the bgas were double walled throughout making the use of BB's prohibitve? I could aslo use some looped webbing through the bag handles as well. Any other ideas or products?

I do most of my touring solo, and the large Ortleib duffle I use can carry as much as both bags combined, and needs to be more center of mass over the rear seat.

The sidebags are double walled but will work up in the attachment area, give it a "feel" . . .

What have all of you used as tie down/bungee points over the rear seat to strap in a waterproof duffel? I used to use Bungee Buddy's
https://www.cyclegadgets.com/products/product.asp?Item=BBUD

on the top portion of the side cases on a BMW 1100RT, but they will not work on the double wall side cases on the FZR. I like to keep the paint and finish pretty.....
I've got a dry bag that I use across the passenger pillion side ways. I use a soft tie coming up from each passenger peg bracket with a bungie hooked into the top of each. Then I used one soft tie on the back bar coming forward over the dry bag. The same bungee goes through it. So three soft ties: front right, front left, back center. one bungee through the back/center soft tie adn attached to each front soft tie by the bungee hooks.