Time for a Dog Pile on Monday!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBluesman

Some call me... The STIG!
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Go ahead, I dare ya! Dog pile time! It’s been a while, and after owning two 2005 FJR’s and having a great time on them… I’ve lost my mojo to ride. Usually putting about 10k miles a year and a few nice trips each year (from 2007 thru 2015), I have not been on a serious ride or destination in over eight years. I maybe put 700 miles or so in the last eight years on my trusty metal steed. So all my riding gear, farkles, spare parts, etc are going and are a lump package with the bike over in the “for sale” section. I love you all and have had great times with many of you on and outside of the forum. I can still visit, but I won’t be riding my FJR anymore. I might get a DR400 for fun, but right now I need to clean house.

Linky
https://www.fjrforum.com/threads/2005-fjr1300-abs.181964/

Simon, you never could ride anyway so this will make things a little safer out there for the rest of us. I think Bugnatr has the right idea, you'd be better off in a Prius. End of Dogpile.
It was a pleasure riding with you. I moved to New Mexico and my riding time has gone down a lot. I'll be out there for a couple of more years, have to meet or exceed TurboDaves record into my 70's.

I tried to think of some dogpile words, but since I have not ridden on the street for the past couple of years and my off road riding has been mostly on an ATV, I really can't say anything other than I hope you enjoy whatever you choose.

"Simon, you never could ride anyway ..."
Low Level stole my line.
Back when we were both just kids, I often enjoyed reading your posts and I looked forward to meeting you.
Then I met you. (Dogpile words.)

Anyway, take care of yourself, old man.
It's been a hoot.

It's the best thing you've posted in years, Simon. Not the news part (too bad), but for getting Old Michael off the couch to type a reply!

Gotta say, the long rides are more and more of a challenge. A 300-mile day is a LONG day so the out-of-state rallies may all be in the past for me. The few riders who were senior to me are fewer all the time, but now even youngsters like you are hanging it up. What's that about? Hope you've found something to replace your FJR for joy! Good luck selling the bike and ALL those farkles.

Don't be afraid to come on and post a snarky comment or something here once in a while.

"Simon, you never could ride anyway ..."
Low Level stole my line.
Back when we were both just kids, I often enjoyed reading your posts and I looked forward to meeting you.
Then I met you. (Dogpile words.)

Anyway, take care of yourself, old man.
It's been a hoot.
It's the best thing you've posted in years, Simon. Not the news part (too bad), but for getting Old Michael off the couch to type a reply!

Gotta say, the long rides are more and more of a challenge. A 300-mile day is a LONG day so the out-of-state rallies may all be in the past for me. The few riders who were senior to me are fewer all the time, but now even youngsters like you are hanging it up. What's that about? Hope you've found something to replace your FJR for joy! Good luck selling the bike and ALL those farkles.

Don't be afraid to come on and post a snarky comment or something here once in a while.
Okay you two... Story time. For wonderful forum members.

Many years ago I tried to get a ride coordinated with some NorCal folks, when I was going to be in town. No one bit. Maybe they thought I was joking. Old Michael, now known as "real" Old Michael reached out to me and said he'd put a ride together for me and I could meet some of the NorCal gang. I think I wanted to meet at Poor Red's (I heard of the place and thought it'd be fun to go to) in the middle of nowhere in El Dorado, California. It's a "biker" bar. I'll never forget that great trip and meeting all the great folks like Old Michael, SacramentoMike, Mad Mike2, UberCool, Haans, Tyler, Puppy Chow, FJRonamission, and many others I'm sure I'm forgetting. We had a nice lunch and and upon leaving and talking out front, a Harley dude made fun of Tyler's three wheeler. Big mistake. Tyler let him have it verbally and his ego hit the ground. He was pissed and tried calling his buddies to get to the place. We escaped before the mayhem started, but it was a fun time and ride. Thank you so much Michael, I'll never forget that.

I also tried to humiliate Old Michael after a SoCal NorCal meet up for lunch in Orcutt, California at Far Western Tavern. Great rib eye steaks and again met a great bunch of people. Wild ride it was cold and raining that December. Bikes were covered in mud from the farm vehicles leaving a mess on the roads etc. Great time though. I took many pix and used the animal heads and Old Michaels head to show what he'd look like with antlers etc. Fun posts form that trip. I thought he looked very handsome with antlers.

Then on a different NorCal trip after a year or so, my friend and I were resting at a nice place, New Bullards Bar. No it's a reservoir, silly people. Beautiful huge dam in a canyon. Anyway I notice a couple funny looking motorcycles in the spot we pulled off on and they were FJR's. And no kidding it's SacrementoMike, and a buddy and his pillion! It was great to run into them by chance and we chatted a bit. I won't forget that one either Mike... SactoMike...

Anyway, point being, great people and great memories on this forum!

Last edited: