Tinted face shield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use Shoei's light smoke for my RF-1000.

But now I switched to their dark smoke shield and like it much mo-better.

B)

Silvered mirror shield. Clear one in luggage for night.
After a coupla guys tried talking to me in stop and go traffic, I switched from clear to mirrored. Now I'm left alone. Plus it makes no sense to wear a helmet to protect your melon and then put sunglasses on that could poke your eye out if something were to happen.
Huh, how come chicks never try to talk to me at stop lights? :dntknw:

:lol:
Have you seen fjrchik? That should answer your question TWN :D

I just use a clear shield with electrical tape at the top portion wearing prescription sunglasses (polarized). I just tilt my head down slightly to block the sun. This or one of the brand name "Sunblocker" type devices is really the only way to completely block the Sun. Otherwise it's still in your face, even with tinted visors.
I have to agree with Yamaholic on this one. I use a tinted shield because I wear glasses and am sick of carrying sunglasses as well. However, when the sun is in your face you need the Sun Blocker. And I carry a clear shield in my tank bag for night time driving.

Tom

Hello SouthernFJR- I'm useing a product called "Helmet Sunblocker".It is a piece

of very dark "Cling" type plastic that you apply to the inside of any face sheild.It

covers about 2" down from the upper edge of your sheild & is removeable to use

on a clear sheild or for extra protection ,used on a mirror/tinted sheild.I find that

it is very helpful looking into the sun,in the mornings.Its cheap too,about $16.00.

I've seen it in several catalogs.I got mine from Ironpony.com( no advertisement

intended).I bought a couple,I put one on my gold mirror sheild & one on my clear

sheild that I carry for over cast/nite rides. Hope this helps.Sliick2

I tried all of 'em. Blue mirrored first caused it matched and looked really cool...then went to just mirrored...again cool but a little dark.. then dark smoke...way too dark...So now I roll clear and wear some el cheapo plastic sunglasses w/interchangable color lens.....this way I dont have to be changing the shields all the time which is not good for the helmet, according to my local HJC rep, and i just carry the different color lens in a very small case for what i need. If it's too cloudy or at night I just take the shades off. No need!! I guess it all just depends on what you like and want to deal with! If I could just find something simple for the damn fogging of my faceshield I would be happy.

FIveo

I'm using the same Helmet Sunblocker as Sliick2... (Helmet Harbor carries them) and it works for me. I also have another shield I carry with me in case I know I'm not going to be riding into the sun... but rarely swap them out.

Last edited by a moderator: