Tip over protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevec677

Reaction score
I have an '09 that I have put 20,000 miles on and have never dropped my bike. I know it's only a matter of time before it happens, so it's time to buy some protection. Does anyone have a suggestion on type of slider - Aluminum vs. Plastic? Where is the best place to buy them? Is the install as easy as it looks?

Last edited by a moderator:
But seriously....

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTUITIVE-FRAME-SLIDERS-YAMAHA-FJR-2006-10-EFS-67-/170597256677?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b8638de5

I'd go with the Delrin (plastic), they grind away in a slide. I've heard the polished aluminum kind can catch on the pavement and cause the bike to flip. Shop around a bit, you may find a better deal. Oh, look for ones with the metal inserts, so they won't loosen up. Install takes 5-10 minutes.
Yep this. Avoid aluminum sliders.

Having just been through a 20 mph low-side, I can tell you that they work. Just be sure that the bolt is SOFT so it bends on impact. My dealer advised that a stiff bolt that doesn't bend can transfer the energy to the frame and crack it.

...I can tell you that they work...

Yes they do...

mt%20view%2008%20006.jpg

I have an '09 that I have put 20,000 miles on and have never dropped my bike. I know it's only a matter of time before it happens, so it's time to buy some protection. Does anyone have a suggestion on type of slider - Aluminum vs. Plastic? Where is the best place to buy them? Is the install as easy as it looks?
I just bought these: https://www.oesaccessories.com/06-11FJR1300.html

Arrived in like 2 days and seem really well made.

Edit: Install was REALLY easy, 5 minutes in my garage and I was done.

Come on Wheaton, that wasn't just a "tip over", I think you need a new term.

Thanks for all the responces. I'm going to order the OES sliders.

Come on Wheaton, that wasn't just a "tip over", I think you need a new term.

Thanks for all the responces. I'm going to order the OES sliders.
Yeah, it was a tipover "at speed."

Good choice, glad you bought some and didn't listen to the idiot telling you not to buy any. Hope you never have to use them. :clapping:

...I can tell you that they work...

Yes they do...

mt%20view%2008%20006.jpg
And this from the guy that told him to save his money?!!! :D
Glad you were paying attention. :D

Hey, I didn't say I went 20,000 miles without a tipover... ;)
It's too hot in the lab to get drowsy today!

I've got over 20k w/o a 'tip over' so far,(knock on wood) but one of the 1st things I did was replace the shiny aluminum sliders the PO installed with OES's!

So I looked at this thread earlier today and chuckled at Marks response and headed out to help Tony..

I fuking tipped over!!

Yeah, I guess i was drunk or something as the sidestand was down. :dribble:

But............................ the fuker is on the LEFT side :eek:

Rashed the right bag.. TOGS saved everything else.

Abandoned the bike and took the cage...

Has anyone here had a true tip over or fall with no speed with sliders install. If so what damage if any occured?

Thanks, Bill

In the garage, taking it off the center stand, went over on the right side, put the right mirror and grip through the drywall, broke the mirror and bent the mounting bracket. Landed on the OES slider with no further damage. Straightening the mirror mount took some time and research though. Mirrors are not inexpensive but epoxy works well.

Dennis