Tire inflation compressor , which one to get

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats one of the reasons I read these forums. 12 volt pump it is. Were is the best location for installing a 12 plug?
Powerlet plugs are a good option. They are compatible with the plugs that come standard on some BMW models, and are a little smaller than cigaretter lighter plugs, but much more reliable. Powerlet Products has three kits specifically for the FJR - a front panel kit, and two rearset kits - one with one plug and one with two plugs. I have a front panel plug to power my tank bag, and a single rear set plug for my Widder's. Here's a link to the front panel kit.

You can also get parts from them if you want to roll your own setup, like connecting to an existing power distribution block.

You can either rewire your compressor with a powerlet plug, or use a powerlet->cig-lighter adaptor.

I've got the Slime unit. Fits under the front seat on the 06, even with the seat in the bottom position

I've got the Slime unit. Fits under the front seat on the 06, even with the seat in the bottom position
Awesome, that's exactly what I was wanting to know. That's the one I'm getting then.
I received the Slime air compressor for X-Mas, and it fits under the front seat like it was made for the FJR. I can use the same whip for the battery tender that is now there for the pump, which is just another added bonus. Thanks to everyone here on the great info. I can't believe I have been riding for almost 10 years without ever having any kind of tire repair kit on the bike before now. :dribble:

Awesome, that's exactly what I was wanting to know. That's the one I'm getting then.
I received the Slime air compressor for X-Mas, and it fits under the front seat like it was made for the FJR. I can use the same whip for the battery tender that is now there for the pump, which is just another added bonus. Thanks to everyone here on the great info. I can't believe I have been riding for almost 10 years without ever having any kind of tire repair kit on the bike before now. :dribble:

Got me one, too!

Does yours fit, case and all? Looks like a no fit on the AE.

Maybe I should have asked for glasses.....

Got me one, too!

Does yours fit, case and all? Looks like a no fit on the AE.

Maybe I should have asked for glasses.....
Mine fits, case and all, but I don't havean AE. :rolleyes:

Mine fits with the case as well, but I don't have the AE. Like I said, it doesn't just fit, but the case is like it was made for the space under the seat.