TIRE PRESSURE... best gauge?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artistonFJR

Reaction score
Who is using what in the way of gauges for tire pressure? I have been using a digital (monkeygrip) and two traditional pencil-type, as well as a round dial version... NEVER had the same reading with more than two of them, and never the same two. Yes, I know how to apply the gauge to the stem, if that is what you're wondering. I want a gauge that is +/- 1 lb MAX. One tells me 44 lbs, the other says 39, the next is at 40.5... who has a trustworthy model, and how do you know it's right?

Thanks

C

Oh, tried to post this in NEPRT but it wouldn't let me open a new topic... ???

Last edited by a moderator:
NEPRT is (ignominiously) bestowed, not chosen.

Try SEARCH, MORE SEARCH OPTIONS, type in +pressure +gauge and select 30 days and newer ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, if you do a search you'll find the Motorcycle Consumer News test on a buttload of gauges. I bought the recommend Radio Shack $12 gauge (same as another made by someone else and much prettier $24) and it talks to you in english or spanish! As reported it's pretty accurate, within +/- a pound I think.

My mechanical gauge measures about the same (+/- 1#) as my friend's El Expenso electronic gauge. I'm hanging on to that one.