tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parnellIII

Reaction score
Hey gang! I was checking tire prices on a website called motorcyclesuperstore.com and they have the lowest prices I've seen so far. $22 lower than cycle gear. They ship in one or two days and any order over $100, shipping is free. I could have even saved $10 on a joe rocket jacket that I recently purchased. They have a lot of gear and accessories. Mark :yahoo:

Hey gang! I was checking tire prices on a website called motorcyclesuperstore.com and they have the lowest prices I've seen so far. $22 lower than cycle gear. They ship in one or two days and any order over $100, shipping is free. I could have even saved $10 on a joe rocket jacket that I recently purchased. They have a lot of gear and accessories. Mark :yahoo:

1) This post probably belongs in Parts and Accessories

2) The prices don't seem that good to me:

From FJRGoodies: (not including shipping)

Avon AV45 ST 120/70ZR-17 Front: $93.95

Avon AV46 ST 180/55ZR-17 Rear: $127.95

From motorcyclesuperstore: (free shipping)

Avon AV45 ST 120/70ZR-17 Front: $129.99

Avon AV46 ST 180/55ZR-17 Rear: $176.99

The shipping for two tires from FJRGoodies is a whole lot less than the $80.00 difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
One should also try:

Southwest Moto Tires

(Free shipping on 2 or more tires.)

American Moto Tire

It can vary, but the above two have generally been the most competitive price-wise, though I also always check FJRGoodies and have bought from them in the past.

And my local Cycle Gear has negotiated to within$5~10 a pair of the best on-line price I could find.

You have to remember if you don't mount your own tires it will cost more if you bring em somewhere you didn't buy them. This has to be factored in to the total cost just like Ca. state tax, almost 9 percent.

I guess I'm lucky where I live, there's a couple of places that sell tires within about $5 of the cheapest I can find online. And as somebody mentioned, they'll install 'em cheap ($17.50) if you buy them there. Otherwise they charge $40.

:blink: Ops, sorry about location of thread. And tahnks for the info for the other sites. I'll keep them in mind if I change from Meztler's. Mark ;)

One should also try:
Southwest Moto Tires

(Free shipping on 2 or more tires.)

American Moto Tire

It can vary, but the above two have generally been the most competitive price-wise, though I also always check FJRGoodies and have bought from them in the past.

just went on SW Moto Tires and the Avons have gone up almost $20 a set from when I bought last.

Blaine at SWMotoTires has been great to deal with. Have ordered several sets from him.

Ron