Today was a good day, a really really really good day!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
I posted on the new member forum a few days ago that I was looking at an 03 FJR. Well, today I bought it. I rode it home and then had to go back out and rode it. As I was leaving I was stopped by a guy in a pickup who was admiring it. He asked me all about it and how I liked it. I told him that I had just bought it today and to ask me in a week. Truth is, he doesn't have to ask me in a week, I am in love already. The bummer is that I had planned to ride this weekend but now I have to work Saturday so maybe I'll just take off Monday and ride a couple hundred.

At any rate, today was a really, really good day.

Mark

Congrats Mark! You'll find you'll be looking forward to your free time much more now! :D Ride safe.

(jekirby - What the heck is a dip dog?)

Yes it was, I took the day off.

Sunshine, 80deg, <30% humidity, cleaned the bike, bled the front breaks and when for a ride!

Good luck with your new 03!

Mark.

congrats Mark.

hope you find some riders with FJR's, or other compatible ST bikes.

much fun when with other similar riders. add farkles, throw BS, do a road trip. not necessarily in that order

BakerOR068.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the "new" 03'. I have many good memories of mine and still insist it was faster and ran cooler than my 05'!

As you can see, mine was heavily farkled. Enjoy :clapping:

DSC00064.jpg

I posted on the new member forum a few days ago that I was looking at an 03 FJR. Well, today I bought it. I rode it home and then had to go back out and rode it. As I was leaving I was stopped by a guy in a pickup who was admiring it. He asked me all about it and how I liked it. I told him that I had just bought it today and to ask me in a week. Truth is, he doesn't have to ask me in a week, I am in love already. The bummer is that I had planned to ride this weekend but now I have to work Saturday so maybe I'll just take off Monday and ride a couple hundred.

Mark
Mark

Congrats on yer purchase! I've no doubt you will enjoy it to the max!

I've gotta say the FJR is the best all around bike I have owned and I have owned a bunch of 'em...

All the best...

J-DADDY

Mark
Mark

Congrats on yer purchase! I've no doubt you will enjoy it to the max!

I've gotta say the FJR is the best all around bike I have owned and I have owned a bunch of 'em...

All the best...

J-DADDY

Way to go Mark,

This saturday I'll have had my 07 a year...14,400 miles...I like it more now than ever. You're toast...Stick a fork in you, your done...Spend some time checking out the Forum. There is a huge wealth of information here. Have fun

James

Hey you have good taste. The FJR is an awesome bike. There is a ton of information around on making the 03 even better. If you find anything you would like to improve, someone will have posted how to do it. Get some sliders if your bike doesn't already have them. Enjoy.

Congratulations on your new ride. I bought my 08 on Tuesday and couldn't ride it home until today. Just got home a couple hours ago, still shaking with excitement!! I love this machine!! Can't wait to get it broken-in! Then the real riding starts. Norwester

That new bike feeling lasts a good long time on a FJR. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my 05.

I like it even more now than when I first brought it home 3 1/2 years ago.

Enjoy!

Congrats on the new-to-you FJR. :) Motorcycling is such an emotional venture...the day anyone purchases a bike, it should be a wonderful day, much like yours. Here's wishing you many more fantastic days with your FJR.

Cheers,

Joe

Enjoy your new bike. Like FJReady I've had mine about 3 1/2 years. Thought about trading it in on one of the black ones but can't really justify the upgrade as my 05 is such a sweet bike. :)

Last edited by a moderator: