tool bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandy

Reaction score
Has anyone found a bag somewhere that fits really well in that 6" x 6" x 4" slot below the seat.. I dont need padded or insulated or anything like that.

I dont have the tool kit from the bike so im just looking to make my own with a few tools, a tire repair kit, a disk lock and maybe some other stuff that doesnt take up too much room.

I went to sportsman warehouse and got a small plastic tackle box that is exactly that size. It has removable inserts inside so you could section some smaller areas that hold fuses or nuts and bolts, etc...

In case you don't know, the supplied kit includes 3 open-end wrenches, an 8/10, a 10/12, and a 14/17; 2 hex keys, a 4mm and a 5mm; and what looks like a double-ended deep socket with a hinge in the middle. One end acts as a 14mm hex key for the rear axle, the other end is a spark plug wrench. Apparently no tool supplied for the front axle. . .

I got my bike used, so it's possible an item or two are missing, but I think that's it, from what I've seen around here.

You can handle basic road work with those tools, including removing bodywork, lights, levers, and even the rear wheel. I would add a Philips screwdriver and a front axle hex tool (forget the size needed.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I made one out of denier that I bought on ebay. I had to custom make mine since I have other junk under there. I tried canvas from Wally World first, but it soaked through in the first rain storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was having to guess at the tool kit but I found a picture of someones travel tool kit and will try to put together something like that.. any other ideas for tools into the tool kit might be used too.

I'll head to bass pro shop and academy to see if i cant find a container for that area.

Interesting...

I have a business making soft goods for dirt bikers - fanny packs and tool bags. Never occurred to me that there might be some kind of need for street bikes that wasn't already met.

I've got an FJR on the way. When I have it in a week or two, I'll take a look. Seems like some kind of bag might be worth doing.

Latest posts