Top box?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I simply got a cheapy from Ebay last about six months ago. It holds about 46 liters and has been great. No problems with it. Stays dry and paid only $70. I previously had a Givi 52 on my Concours and loved it, but it went with the bike when I sold it years ago. So until the hinge pins break on this cheapy (and they will eventually) I'll use it. By the way, the company sent me 2 of the trunks for the price of one. When I called them about the extra trunk they insisted I was incorrect and could not possibly have been sent 2 trunks. They wouldn't take it back. So I really got 2 trunks for the $70. Now the cheapy is a really a deal!
roadglide,

was it the givi lookalikes sold by jc whitney?

dean

cincinnati

I bought a SHAD 50 but have yet to mount it. The mounting plate for the '06 and up FJR is 5x times the price of the mount for the '01 - '05 Models!?!?!? :-/ My dealer took care of me though. This box is totally sealed and IMHO lookis better than most. If the thread is still active after I get it mounted I'll post additional thoughts!

Two photos of my Shad 48L Topcase:

sep07137.jpg

sep07138.jpg

I have greatly enjoyed my Shad. The price was damn good too...talk to Mike when you call and make sure to tell him you are a FJRFORUM Member. He will give a very good discount.

Shad Top Case Link

I have no affiliation with this company...just a very happy customer.

Good luck.

Rex