Top Boxes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omeara

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the top box for the Majesty Scooter (44L-W0754-2400) would suit the FJR? It's only $235.00 Cndn and is available in the dark metallic blue. However, it may not suit the FJR, or be difficult to mount. I'll share some thoughts about my '06 FJR, bought last week, once I ride a few more miles. Initial comments: It's very powerful and will take some getting use to, and is relatively heavy for a lightweight like myself with a short inseam........ but hopefully I'll prevail.

The mounting may be your hardest hurdle. Quite a few owners use "scooter-size" Givi topcases for day rides, etc., reserving the larger cases (52L, for example) for longer or overnight trips.

The mounting may be your hardest hurdle. Quite a few owners use "scooter-size" Givi topcases for day rides, etc., reserving the larger cases (52L, for example) for longer or overnight trips.

Thx MadMike. I believe Yamaha's Majestic scooter topcase is the same size as the stock FJR case. The $500.00 saving appears to be too good to be true though, so maybe the mounting makes it impractible.

+1 on what madmike said...you'll have to do a good visual inspection to see if it's even feasible; I would think in the 'best case scenario' you would need to fabricate a mounting/adapter plate out of mild steel or thick (technical term there :D ) aluminum, then have it polished/powder coated/painted/whatever to suit you. Materials-wise, it would be inexpensive..just a matter of the actual fabrication.

+1 on what madmike said...you'll have to do a good visual inspection to see if it's even feasible; I would think in the 'best case scenario' you would need to fabricate a mounting/adapter plate out of mild steel or thick (technical term there :D ) aluminum, then have it polished/powder coated/painted/whatever to suit you. Materials-wise, it would be inexpensive..just a matter of the actual fabrication.

Just discovered the scooter colour - DPBML - doesn't appear to match the FJR's - DPBMU. I'll phone around to see if a dealer has one in stock and check it out. The fabrication of a mounting plate is certanly feasible. Thx for the input.