top case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRMarine

Reaction score
need advice on top cases for FJr. Looking at shad but concerned on mounting plate. seems a bit iffy if it just bolts through the luggage rack. suggestions appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
need advice on top cases for FJr. Looking at shad but concerned on mounting plate. seems a bit iffy if it just bolts through the luggage rack. suggestions appreciated
I don't know what it all means and I am not breaking any new ground here, but I just today pulled the trigger on the SHAD SH50 in blue for my 2005 FJR with the special purpose topmaster plate for the pre-06 FJR. See this month's RIDER Magazine review of same, at pp. 92-93. That and the other research/feedback I did convinced me along with the preposterous price of the OEM case, mount and backrest. SHAD is a supplier to multiple OEMs including Yamaha these days. I bought from AdventureMoto. Talked to Claudio the owner; great guy and very knowledgeable. He is shipping to my dealer for install as I don't have the time to fart around with it thanks to work commitments. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my Shad SH46 mounted to my 05 using the same topmaster plate that ndivita ordered. When I bought my 09, I got a new topmaster for the gen II and moved the case over, replacing the blue color plate with a gloss black one. I also ordered everything from Claudio at AdventureMoto, he's great to deal with and may still give a discount for forum members.

. . . Dan

I don't know what it all means and I am not breaking any new ground here, but I just today pulled the trigger on the SHAD SH50 in blue for my 2005 FJR with the special purpose topmaster plate for the pre-06 FJR. See this month's RIDER Magazine review of same, at pp. 92-93. That and the other research/feedback I did convinced me along with the preposterous price of the OEM case, mount and backrest. SHAD is a supplier to multiple OEMs including Yamaha these days. I bought from AdventureMoto. Talked to Claudio the owner; great guy and very knowledgeable. He is shipping to my dealer for install as I don't have the time to fart around with it thanks to work commitments. Good luck
any pictures?