Top cases

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine is a Pelican 1550
P1010054.jpg

Nice cheap JC Whitney top box for me. Costs something like 50-60 bucks including the quick release mount. It's been on for around a year and 20K miles. I live on one heck of a crappy dirt road, have done plenty of forestry road riding and basically, if the thing was going to fail I've given it every opportunity to and it hasn't. This isn't rocket science, it's a plastic box. If your OK with the aesthetics of what looks like a BBQ cooker on the back of your bike {I am} have at it.

My wife also uses it as a back rest and lays back on it a good bit putting weight and additional stress on it. I'm happy with it and would buy another if needed.

Greetings all,
Just wondering what everybody is using for top boxes? Anybody have the Yamaha box? is it worth $500 plus? how much can you fit in it?

TIA,

Gregory
I got a j.c. whitney large top case for under $100 including shipping. Works fine looks like a Givi.
yep, they seem to be more stable as topboxes than as sidecases. i didn't trust my jcw's as sidecases without a little extra "insurance". i think these had the "gen I" mounting plates made of hard plastic, not the "gen II" metal mounting plates.

06EastCoastSpringFJRally002.jpg

dean

cincinnati

92fj12-exABS

92fj12-exABS

07fjr13