Top Gun Fuel Cell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
Does anyone have a top gun fuel cell, I would like some pics and info on the mounting quality(which I expect to be good comp[ared to the other top gun accessories I own.) Is it easily removable to replace seat.

Also mabey a side view pic.

Thanks

Mike

I've got one and am very impressed. It's expensive, but VERY high quality. Think bullet-proof like the Top Gun light mounts. I'd have a bunch of pics, but I have a glitch with my photo gallery at the present time. The one I have works pretty well for a detailed view of mounting.

20051016%20002.jpg

I'd opt for a flush mount filler. It eats up a 1/10 of a gallon capactiy, but just looks cooler. (first pic with a silver cap is a traditional filler and other pictures with red plastic area is flush mount....don't ask why I show two)

Mounts are ROCK SOLID with four solid mounting points. The small bolt and nuts that go through the body plastic under the seat are the forward mounts and get replaced with stainless. The other two are the beefy hex bolts that hold down the stock rack and are retained. The tank is then attached to the brackets via 4 stainless hex bolts. All top quality fasteners needed are included.

As with all cells the big piece of work is what I call "The Big Drill" putting their very elegant fitting into the tank.

Only thing not included was an overfill device that's required in some rallies for the vent line. Not a requirement.

To box things in a bit I personally fabbed up some plastic pieces for the base of the cell and now have a bonus storage area. I actually traced out the design and sent them off to the manufacturer with the hope that he would include them with the cell now.

And, then adding a custom cover from Customtankbags.com

I will try and get the pictures online in the near future....but got a ride planned this weekend and will be remounting the cell...which will take about 7 minutes to do.

....ahh....here are a couple of pictures with the tank cover included in the interim.

mattwatkins3a.jpg

mattwatkins4a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: