• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Top master

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:huh: What is a "top master"?

And I thoguht I knew alot about these bikes

:huh: What is a "top master"?
And I thoguht I knew alot about these bikes

Top master is a mounting kit for Shad top cases that makes use of the FJR's existing 3 bolts on the luggage rack.Once this mounting kit is in place,the plate that is supplied with the case is attached to it allowing the case to be locked onto and easily removed from the top master.Without the top master,the luggage rack would have to be drilled out to get the Shad plate to mount.

At least now I know what it is. I don't have one, but have you tried Premier Cycle Accessories for the required mounting hardware? They sell Shad stuff there. There is also a cupon code that will save you a few $$$. I'm sure you can find it in the vendor section, not sure where tho. think it was FJR1300. I have there mount for the Givi from them, and I'm very satisfied with it. Premier Cycle Accessories

At least now I know what it is. I don't have one, but have you tried Premier Cycle Accessories for the required mounting hardware? They sell Shad stuff there. There is also a cupon code that will save you a few $$$. I'm sure you can find it in the vendor section, not sure where tho. think it was FJR1300. I have there mount for the Givi from them, and I'm very satisfied with it. Premier Cycle Accessories

I've tried them and just about every other retailer I can find.The item is on back order til nov. everywhere.

I've tried them and just about every other retailer I can find.The item is on back order til nov. everywhere.
I must've got one of the last ones about a month ago....have you tried 'motorcycleluggage.com' ?

I must've got one of the last ones about a month ago....have you tried 'motorcycleluggage.com' ?
Just tried 'em.No luck.Thanks anyway.

Just tried 'em.No luck.Thanks anyway.
Give Claudio, https://www.adventuremotousa.com/ a call or email. I purchased my SH46 from him along with the top master bracket. He also gives free shipping to FJR Forum members, IIRC.

I am thinking of getting the Shad with the Topmaster.

Does anyone have a pic of one (topmaster) on a gen1?

I am trying to decide if that is strong enough, or should I get a Gerauld rack to mount it to.

Opinions?

Pics?

I moved my SH46 from my 05 to my 09, but here's a pic of the topcase on my 05. The topcase is actually the metal bracket that attaches using the main luggage rack bolt and a bracket with 2 other bolts that "grips" the front part of the luggage rack. The hard plastic seen in the pic is the standard Shad mount that comes with the bag and attaches to the topcase (sorry, no pic of the topcase without the mount attached). It also holds the optional connector wire for the brake light I have on the SH46.

In my opinion, it looks great with the bag attached as there are no extra rails or brackets showing. I ran with it for almost a year and found it to be pretty sturdy. I usually run with it loaded light, but occasionally end up hauling some heavy groceries home and it handles it no problem. Had to purchase a different topcase to work with the 09 luggage rack, so I sold the 05 topcase with the bike.

Hope that helps . . . Dan

Here's the pic:

topcase-on-05.jpg

I think that I will go with the Topmaster and the Shad 50.

Thanks for the help.

Just worried about the subframe cracks...