Top Sellerie Seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilf Hunter

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm looking for any feedback regarding Top Sellerie seats. I'm thinking about purchasing one, but I am hoping to get feedback from lots of you on the forum before I purchase one for my FJR. They come in gel or no gel, heated and no heat, plus numerous designs for stitching and colors. Are they confortable? Are they primarily geared for smaller riders or for all riders? Any feedback on the gel or heated seats? Thank you in advance to anyone who took the time to offer any feedback.

Chris - GilfHunter

Been looking at those myself. If you do the google thing you will find a number of threads on them around the forums. Most folks talk pretty highly of them but some of the larger riders say they feel a little crowded into the tank with the standard seat. They sure look good!

Looks like yet another semi-custom seat that if you spent about the same amount of money could have a truly custom seat fitted specifically for you. Plus, a ride-in doesn't look like an option if you're in North America.

I still think Russell, Mayer, Rich's, etc. are the best way to go....especially with the Group Buy currently going on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like yet another semi-custom seat that if you spent about the same amount of money could have a truly custom seat fitted specifically for you. Plus, a ride-in doesn't look like an option if you're in North America.
I still think Russell, Mayer, Rich's, etc. are the best way to go....especially with the Group Buy currently going on!
Ignacio,

I've heard a lot of good things about the Russell, but don't like the way it looks with the "wings". I know that seems petty, but I'm looking for sporty and comfort. There's gotta be a happy medium somewhere. I also like the Mayer, but never heard of Rich's. Do you have a link or web address you could spot me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been looking at those myself. If you do the google thing you will find a number of threads on them around the forums. Most folks talk pretty highly of them but some of the larger riders say they feel a little crowded into the tank with the standard seat. They sure look good!
I will do that, midlifeuturn. Good idea. Thanks.

The russell is the best seat going if you are a long distance rider. If you are looking for looks you will sacrifice it in comfort. Be advised.

Ignacio,

I've heard a lot of good things about the Russell, but don't like the way it looks with the "wings". I know that seems petty, but I'm looking for sporty and comfort. There's gotta be a happy medium somewhere. I also like the Mayer, but never heard of Rich's. Do you have a link or web address you could spot me?

Gilf, my personal experience is that my butt has never commented upon how my BM saddle looks.... but it really likes the way it feels.

Seriously - if you're going to spend the bucks, do a custom. JMHO.