• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Torn up saddlebags for '03

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goody

Reaction score
OK, so I am looking for one saddlebag, either side. Need the mounting attachments to be intact, the rest can be trash. I need to fashion a different sort of carrier to get my shotgun and rifle to the range on the weekends. I don't want to tear up the bags up my bike so I can still use them for regular luggage. Anyone got one that was wrecked for cheap?

Almost could help with my left side 04', I know..not white silver as 03.

But, my bag has the broken bar that slides up into the frame when you secure it to bike.

It can hook on but, no security and would bounce off...sorry.

OK, so I am looking for one saddlebag, either side. Need the mounting attachments to be intact, the rest can be trash. I need to fashion a different sort of carrier to get my shotgun and rifle to the range on the weekends. I don't want to tear up the bags up my bike so I can still use them for regular luggage. Anyone got one that was wrecked for cheap?
Have a pair of 'leftover spares' from the sale of my blue '05. Bought them for backup, but never used them. Have $300 invested in the pair. Let me know if you're interested.

Ed

Have a pair of 'leftover spares' from the sale of my blue '05. Bought them for backup, but never used them. Have $300 invested in the pair. Let me know if you're interested.

Ed
Thanks for the offer, sorry it took me so long to reply. I am really looking for more of a salvage situation, something that has had the lid destroyed. I only need the back half to hack up and use as a mounting base for a long gun case. Thanks anyway.

Ed
What kind of shape are these in? I may be interested in them.

[email protected]

Ed
Thanks for the offer, sorry it took me so long to reply. I am really looking for more of a salvage situation, something that has had the lid destroyed. I only need the back half to hack up and use as a mounting base for a long gun case. Thanks anyway.
I have a LH bag that I could let go of (if I can find another one...)

[email protected]

Left-hand bag perfect for you. Lid scuffed and restraining strap broken, but attachment hardware all in place.

BTW, no need to limit yourself to '03 (even though mine is an '03) - all the bags on all years are identical except for lid color, which you don't care about anyway.

$24,000 and it's yours.

No?

OK, how anout 50 bucks shipped. (I would probably remove the lid to save shipping weight and size, since you don't need it anyway.)

One thing you need to be aware of is that you're gonna have to come up with a lock cylinder somewhere and have it fixed for your key. Anybody that's had to replace a damaged bag is going to have moved their lock to the new bag, leaving the old one without.

Last edited by a moderator:
Left-hand bag perfect for you. Lid scuffed and restraining strap broken, but attachment hardware all in place.

BTW, no need to limit yourself to '03 (even though mine is an '03) - all the bags on all years are identical except for lid color, which you don't care about anyway.

$24,000 and it's yours.

No?

OK, how anout 50 bucks shipped. (I would probably remove the lid to save shipping weight and size, since you don't need it anyway.)

One thing you need to be aware of is that you're gonna have to come up with a lock cylinder somewhere and have it fixed for your key. Anybody that's had to replace a damaged bag is going to have moved their lock to the new bag, leaving the old one without.
Sounds like just what I was looking for. I think I would like the lid though, since I am winging this and am not real sure what I will do yet. Shoot me an email and will hash out the details.

[email protected]

Thanks