Torque Wrenches -- 1/2 price (edit) November 29th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constant Mesh

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Sears Craftsman clicker torque wrenches on sale today and tomorrow -- 50% off, $40, marked down from $80.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sears Craftsman clicker torque wrenches on sale today and tomorrow -- 50% off, $40, marked down from $80.
i had been looking at the craftsman torque wrenches, and saw some really negative reviews. is there a specific model or size that seems to do better? the last thing i want is a t/wrench that isn't calibrated properly (referencing more than one negative review).

i had been looking at the craftsman torque wrenches, and saw some really negative reviews. is there a specific model or size that seems to do better? the last thing i want is a t/wrench that isn't calibrated properly (referencing more than one negative review).
I'd always had good luck with Craftsman products and thought they were well made. Warranty doesn't suck either. Where did you see or hear about these negative reviews?

GP

I have also read about the negative reviews of Craftsman torque wrenches but remain unimpressed by the arguments. Are they as accurate as the more expensive electronic/strain gauge models? Probably not. Beam deflection models? Maybe not. The mechanism of the Craftsman wrench needs to be relaxed after use to avoid a bias set. Unless you are working on the lunar space module daily, I would recommend the Craftsman at the discount price offer. They're good enough for the kind of girls I go with.

They're good enough for the kind of girls I go with.
And that's good enough for me.

Got one!
I dunno.......

Ugly.jpg

I think I'll just buy a cheap un...

:jester:

Bust:

Uggghhhh -- please show a little restraint and consideration

:stunned:

I'm kinda wishing I hadn't opened this thread, seen that pic, turned on the 'puter this a.m.

:sick:

I'd always had good luck with Craftsman products and thought they were well made. Warranty doesn't suck either. Where did you see or hear about these negative reviews?

GP
their own website. like amazon and many others, there are reviews of their tools from buyers. the first clickable (as opposed to beam) t/wrench on their page has 37 reviews and 1.9 stars out of 5. many of the comments were criticizing the quality, item breaking, not being how craftsman used to be, etc. too bad, as was $80, now $40.

https://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944595000P

next clickable one is $120, and again gets 1.9 stars out of 5, with 18 reviews. https://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944597000P

the first beam t/wrench with reviews got 3 out of 5, from 5 reviews. it was $30. i don't know that i want to trust a beam t/wrench like that on my fjr.

oh, and referencing the first wrench above, re: the craftsman warranty, one of the negative reviews states: "The Craftsman hand tool and satisfaction warranty DO NOT apply to these torque wrenches.""; and another: ""Just like everyone else, the handle/adjusting mechanism broke just after the warranty period ended (about 4-6 months of occasional use).

I will never buy another Craftsman torque wrench."; and another: ""I have the same problem with this wrench as everyone else - it broke! I used it sparingly for less than 1 year before the handle broke and began to spin freely. I tried to return it to Sears and was upset to find that it now has a 90 day warranty."

i mean, i'm not trying to crucify sears, i just want to buy a good torque wrench, and if someone knows of a good model at sears, i'd sure like to know; otherwise, these reviews don't help me too much.

re: the craftsman warranty, one of the negative reviews states: "The Craftsman hand tool and satisfaction warranty DO NOT apply to these torque wrenches.""; and another: ""Just like everyone else, the handle/adjusting mechanism broke just after the warranty period ended (about 4-6 months of occasional use).
I've owned two of these Craftsman Torque Wrenches and the adjusting mechanism lock broke on both of them. I wouldn't waste even $40 on a third one.

re: the craftsman warranty, one of the negative reviews states: "The Craftsman hand tool and satisfaction warranty DO NOT apply to these torque wrenches.""; and another: ""Just like everyone else, the handle/adjusting mechanism broke just after the warranty period ended (about 4-6 months of occasional use).
I've owned two of these Craftsman Torque Wrenches and the adjusting mechanism lock broke on both of them. I wouldn't waste even $40 on a third one.
Ruh-roh.

Dr. Rich. I got you a Christmas present. :D

Ruh-roh.

Dr. Rich. I got you a Christmas present. :D
Umm. I'm feelin neglected... That or yer freakin Blind!

Admit ya know all of 'em or proof will follow Old fuk!!!

:jester:

Step away from the torque wrench,,,,, You can do major damage......

OOps , Stripped my oil drain plug.........

WTF 33 ft/ lbs didn't seem like much.... :crazy:

Yeah, in comparison, the redhead looks absolutely anemic!

A couple of hundred more super-sized Happy Meals should fix that right up...

Don

Since I'm not the 1st to hijack this thread.

I want to share a pic of my brother and I.

He's so proud of me for beating the disease.

i_beat_anorexia.jpg

Latest posts