Torque Wrenches -- 1/2 price (edit) November 29th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're good enough for the kind of girls I go with.
And that's good enough for me.

Got one!
I dunno.......

Ugly.jpg

I think I'll just buy a cheap un...

:jester:
I just love the dainty little feet and ankles.

num yummy

I picked the 3/8" one up but I am not sure if I am keeping it yet. My HF one seems to work just fine for my purposes.

Now, the 170 lumen LED light they had on sale rocks! Damn thing thrown a beam like no other light I have owned and it's compact.

Years ago I had need of a 1/2" drive and 3/8" drive (inch/Lbs) torque wrench set for maintenance on an old Piper aircraft I had. I didn't want to invest half my monthly salary in two Snap-On or Proto wrenches, so bought them at Harbor Freight. I then ran a series of tests with my wrenches against the set of Snap-On, calibrated wrenches my A&P mechanic uses. His are calibrated twice a year, and are of known accuracy.

He had a Lycoming O-360 engine assembly in a stand in his shop, and we tested the HF wrenches against his for repeatability of torque values on more than fifty fasteners on the old Lyc... The HF wrenches were within 1 - 2% of the Snap-On wrenches consistantly.

I have re-run the test within the last 4 months, and the results are consistant with what we got before. That's accurate enough for me! YMMV, as always!

Be certain to store any clicker type wrench with the adjustment fully relaxed to take tension off the internal spring. Store in the provided protective case, and if you should drop it during use, get it re-checked for calibration.

Ride Safe... Pray for Spring! ;)

Don

Latest posts